Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 100 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on vulnerable children, agriculture, health and HIV, extractives and governance, and peace building programming.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Emergency Program Manager (PMII)
Reference Number: NE240717
Required Qualifications and Experience
- The Emergency Program Manager will provide surge capacity to assist CRS program teams across sectors to respond to critical, urgent demands while maintaining rigorus program quality standards.
- The Emergency PM will support reporting, business development, new program launch, assessments, registration of beneficiaries, coordination, communications, program-operations harmonization, MEAL, and technical sectoral program activities as needed, in line with the PM’s skills, experience, and capacity.
- Staff and partner capacity strengthening, mentorship, and training will be a core element of his or her work.
- Master's Degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of five years of relevant field-based project management experience required
- Experience in managing all aspects of humanitarian programs including assessment, proposal writing, registration, implementation, and reporting
- Five years of experience working in emergency, development, or recovery programming with an international NGO. Specific sectoral technical skills a plus, with willingness to learn and support across sectors.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of relevant humanitarian standards, including Sphere
- Demonstrated ability in staff development and partner capacity strengthening, and experience in partnership with local NGOs
- Demonstrated commitment to gender and conflict sensitive programming
- Proven ability to develop proposals and write reports meeting donor requirements.
- Excellent analytical, management, communication and negotiation skills.
- Familiarity with policies, procedures, and priorities of USAID, UN agencies and Caritas agencies preferred
- Advanced computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, etc) with data analysis skills preferred
- Must be able to prioritize multiple, fluid work demands and work effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision
- Experience working in insecure environments and adhering to strict security protocols
- Excellent inter-cultural sensitivity and interpersonal skills necessary in insecure environments
Required Foreign Language:
- Fluent English. Hausa or Kanuri a plus
Application Closing Date
- Travel within Nigeria, frequent vehicle travel to project sites.
8th August, 2017 .
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the "Application Form Below" and send with a detailed 3-page resume in a single file word document to: [email protected]
The position title must be expressly stated as the subject of the e-mail quoting reference number NE240717 e.g. "PMII, Emergency Program Manager NE240717"
Click here to download Application Form (MS Word)
- Applications will be accessed on a rolling basis and interviews conducted until the position is competently filled.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.