KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), still the second deadliest infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists and laboratory scientists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB.
Over the past century we have built up a wealth of knowledge and expertise, initially by successfully controlling TB in the Netherlands. Since the 1970s, we have also shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague in the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices worldwide. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate, and government donors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor
Purpose of the Position
- KNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB, a USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high burdened countries.
- We lead an international consortium with eight partner organizations: American Thoracic Society (ATS), FHI 360, Interactive Research & Development (IRD), Japan Anti-Tuberculosis Foundation (JATA), and Management Sciences for Health (MSH), PATH, The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), and the World Health Organization (WHO).
- The overarching strategic objectives of Challenge TB are to improve access to quality patient centered care for TB, TB/HIV, and MDR-TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms.
- The main responsibility of the M&E Advisor is to provide in-country technical leadership and support for M&E, collecting data from activities carried out in different states by incorporated partners, sort and analyze information on the Challenge TB activities, ensure timely and complete reporting executing partners in accordance with approved reporting formats, monitor and evaluate progress towards annual work plans and expected ofrom utputs, assist in the preparation of work plans/selection of indicators and provide technical assistance to NTBLCP in improving the M&E systems as well as improving the use of data for decision making.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor reports to the Senior Technical Advisor Epidemiology/M&E.
As M&E Advisor you will:
Who are we looking for
- Provide in-country technical leadership and support for monitoring and evaluation and knowledge management;
- Ensure the integration of M&E activities into the KNCV country program;
- Collect, report and analyze information on the KNCV program activities;
- Ensure timely and complete reporting from in-country coalition partners in accordance with approved reporting formats;
- Monitor and evaluate progress towards annual work plans, expected outputs, including selecting and monitoring progress in meeting indicators;
- Assist in the preparation of work plans/the selection of indicators and annual implementation plans;
- Coordinate the preparation of all quarterly progress reports, annual project report, inception report, and ad hoc technical reports for both USAID Washington as well as the USAID Nigeria Mission, in line with the required formats;
- Collect data for Challenge TB Annual M&E plan and use those data to improve project;
- Adapt and implement tools and techniques to improve the quality and use of data for decision making;
- Compile information on lessons learned and expertise within and outside the project;
- Assist the senior management team on decision-making on resource allocation based on KNCV priorities and performance;
- Participate on behalf of KNCV in appropriate technical meetings and conferences;
- Provide technical assistance to NTBLCP in improving the M&E systems as well as improving the use of data for decision making.
- M&E professional with a Masters’ degree in Health/Social Sciences, Public Health or Business Administration.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in public health – TB or HIV programs;
- Demonstrable experience with Monitoring and Evaluation;
- Experience working in the fields of TB/HIV, Community TB, and MDR-TB, with extensive field experience in Nigeria;
- Proficiency in statistical analysis computer programs such as SPSS and SAS, experience in using MS Office package.
Behavioral Competencies and Skills:
What do We Offer
- An out-of-the-box thinker who can develop innovative ideas towards achieving the objective of increase case finding;
- Demonstrated facilitation skills;
- Proven ability to develop effective working relationships;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- The ability to organize and prioritize with eye for detail.
Application Closing Date
- A full-time (40 hours per week) fixed-term contract for a year, with the intention to extend the contract. Depending on funding and performance;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme.
8th August, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Candidates are advised to submit their CV, including a motivation letter and 3 professional references.
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled.
- We only consider the applications that are received through the KNCV website.