KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), still the second deadliest infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists and laboratory scientists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB.
Over the past century we have built up a wealth of knowledge and expertise, initially by successfully controlling TB in the Netherlands. Since the 1970s, we have also shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague in the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices worldwide. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate, and government donors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Purpose of the Position
- KNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB, the USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high burdened countries. We lead an international consortium with eight partner organizations: American Thoracic Society (ATS), FHI 360, Interactive Research & Development (IRD), Japan Anti-Tuberculosis Foundation (JATA), and Management Sciences for Health (MSH), PATH, The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), and the World Health Organization (WHO).
- The overarching strategic objectives of Challenge TB are to improve access to quality patient centered care for TB, TB/HIV, and MDR-TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms.
- The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer will work with the Senior Program Manager to assist in M&E activities in the state. Ensure implementation of the M&E plan for Challenge TB including monitoring progress against planned activities, critical milestones and targets as well as providing support and guidance to program counterparts to ensure that the data collection, data management and reporting, are of the highest possible quality.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer reports to the Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor.
As M&E Officer you will:
Who are we looking for
- Assist in the timely and complete reporting of CTB activities;
- Adapt and implement tools and techniques to improve quality and the use of data;
- In collaboration with the state TB program, mentor all M&E focal persons at the state level as well as Local Government TB & Leprosy Control Supervisors (LGTBLSs) and Health Facility Staff;
- Contribute to the optimization of the current monitoring and evaluation system to rigorously track the progress of all activities and outputs, including a strong focus on evaluating programmed TB control activities, awareness and participation in all project activities;
- Support the M&E Advisor in data management for rapid assessments, situational analysis, surveys, evaluations and other research as required;
- Assist in monitoring and evaluating progress towards annual work plans, expected outputs, including selecting and monitoring progress in meeting indicators;
- Assist the Senior M&E Advisor and to support monitoring and evaluation and knowledge management activities;
- Ensure timely data collection, compilation and reporting according to the Challenge TB M&E plan;
- Perform other additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor or Masters’ degree in Social Sciences
- At least 2 years of experience in M&E in public health project;
- Experience working in the fields of TB/HIV, Community TB, and MDR-TB, with extensive field experience in Nigeria;
- Proficiency in statistical analysis and use of a computer.
Behavioral Competencies and Skills:
What do We Offer
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, approachable and good listener;
- Exhibits high level of accuracy in work, and ability to analyze complex sets of relationships and situations;
- Demonstrated facilitation skills;
- Proven ability to develop effective working relationships;
- The ability to organize and prioritize with eye for detail.
Application Closing Date
- A full-time (40 hours per week) fixed-term contract for a year, with the intention to extend the contract. Depending on funding and performance;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme.
8th August, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Candidates are advised to submit their CV, including a motivation letter and 3 professional references.
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled.
- We only consider the applications that are received through the KNCV website.