Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on vulnerable children, agriculture, health and HIV, extractives and governance, and peace building programming.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Security Assistant
- Security Assistant Job purpose is to assist in maintaining safe and secure environment for CRS employees, premises, and assets and as well maintain solid and regular communication with staff during field movement.
- The Security Assistant is responsible for ensuring that appropriate systems and procedures are in place to maximize the safety and security of all CRS staff and during field movement and that they are adhered to at all times.
- The Security Assistant is responsible for supporting Security Officer and Coordinator to ensure that safety and security is mainstreamed into all field operations.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Liaise with local authorities, CRS Staff and facilitate continuity of CRS Programs
- Linking & networking with communities, individuals, organizations and to help ensure that movement are well monitored according to specific procedure
- Assist Security Officer in staff safety and security matters and act as a backup security focal point
Application Closing Date
- Bachelor’s degree or HND in related field
- Minimum 1 year experience working in security-sensitive environments
- Communicates strategically under pressure
- Manages stress and complexity
- Actively promotes safety and security
- Undergone formal or informal training in security
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge through formal and informal training
- Excellent communication skills- both oral and written,
- Ability to speck Local North Eastern Nigerian languages (Kanuri a plus)
11th August, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the "Application Form Below" and send with a detailed 3-page resume in a single file word document to: [email protected]
The position title and location must be expressly stated as the subject of the email quoting reference number: SA280717 e.g. Security Assistant: SA280717
Click here to download Application Form (MS Word)
- Applications will be accessed on a rolling basis and interviews conducted until this position is competently filled.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.