Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on vulnerable children, agriculture, health and HIV, extractives and governance, and peace building programming.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Market Officer
- Under the leadership of the Food for Peace Program Manager, the Market Officer (MO) is responsible for the daily project activities in her/his geographic location, while maintaining relationships with local partner staff as well as vendors and beneficiaries.
- The MO, in collaboration with the local partner, will lead and validate vendor selection, ensure compliance with voucher methodology, collect data as guided by the M&E Officer and assist the local partners in reporting.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Coordinate and clearly communicate market team activities
- Provide support to project vendors and market key stakeholders
- Provides feedback on project’s market activities to PM/EC
- Report on project activities and assist local partner to prepare its progress reports to be submitted to CRS
Application Closing Date
- University degree in Social Sciences, Geography or any other relevant equivalent degree
- At least 3 years’ experience in project implementation preferably with an international humanitarian NGO.
- Demonstrated experience in data collection
- Proven experience in group discussions and other participatory methods
- Previous exposure to information and communication technology for development will be a plus
- Demonstrated commitment to gender responsive programming.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, oral and written communication skills.
- Team-oriented and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to organize and prioritize a variety of initiatives
- Willingness to travel about 60% of the time.
11th August, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the "Application Form Below" and send with a detailed 3-page resume in a single file word document to: [email protected]
. The position title and location must be expressly stated as the subject of the email quoting reference number: MO280717 e.g. Market Officer: MO280717
Click here to download Application Form (MS Word)
- Applications will be accessed on a rolling basis and interviews conducted until all positions are competently filled.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.