Save the Children is an International Organization that has been working for the rights of Children globally for over 90 years. Save the Children has been working in Nigeria since 2001 and has presence in 20 states. The Country Office is located in Abuja and Field Offices in Bauchi, Borno, Cross Rivers, Gombe, Jigawa, Kaduna, Katsina, Kebbi, Lagos and Zamfara states. Addtionally SCI has significant presence in Benue, Ebonyi, Edo, Enugu, Kano, Kogi, Kwara, Plateau, Sokoto and Yobe states.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Assistant - STEER
Ref. No.: sav-14235
Calabar, Cross River
Key Areas of Accountability
- The Logistics Assistant is responsible for supporting the logistics officer in vehicle fleet, assets, communications, procurement, security and properties to ensure effective, transparent and accountable logistic support to the Save the Children programme in SC Nigeria.
- Liaison with program teams to ensure adequate logistical consideration for coordination and planning of program implementation.
- Provide technical support and guidance to program teams on logistical elements of distribution & procurement planning.
Transport & Fleet:
- Managing and tracking of all vehicles on the fleet, including movement planning and day-to-day allocation
- Manage, maintain and repair vehicles in safe and efficient working order
- Ensure that vehicles are checked on a daily basis, and that regular service and maintenance is carried out as per agreed schedule
- Ensure vehicles have current and lawful documentation.
- Receive travel requests, and maintain trip schedules and Staff Movement Board.
Asset & Facility Management:
- Oversee the issuance and return of assets to/from staff
- Ensure good condition of assets, and maintain asset condition reports.
- Establish and maintain a list of contact details for preferred service providers including carpenters, electricians, plumbers, generator servicers and builders and make this list available to staff.
Procurement and Supply:
- Warehouse and store management
- Oversee all stock inflow and outflow
- Recording all incoming goods for suppliers and prepare goods receive note
- Update stock/bin cards regularly
- Support program team in dispatching program suppliers to the LGAs
- Monthly stock count
- Prepare monthly stock report
- Ensure cleanliness of the store
Administration & Reports:
Qualifications and Experience
- Maintain all logistic files in an organized, accurate and up to date manner
- Line manages, coordinate, monitor and guide the work of all project the drivers.
- Ensure Office Assist cleans the office and office environment.
- Produce logistics site report, vehicle and generator cost performance report.
- Update the vehicle cost schedule and produce regular vehicle performance and cost reports and send to capital office once per month.
- Comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to child protection, code of conduct, fraud, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies
- Work in close collaboration with the finance and administration departments to ensure effective operations and strong team spirit.
- Ensure that the FO SAT phones are tested once every month.
- Carry out any other tasks required by the line manager
Administrative & General Skills:
- Level of Education - Degree
- Communication & Interpersonal Skill Level - Excellent
- Language Requirements - English - Excellent
- Level of IT Expertise Required - Good
- Desired Number of Years Prior Experience in a Similar Role – 2
- Experience in procurement and logistics with INGO
- Experience in a relatively insecure field based environment
Application Closing Date
- Ability and willingness to travel to projects and stay in basic conditions when necessary
8th August, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online