African Development Bank (AfDB) - Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank's development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Treasury Risk Officer
Position N°: 50070279
The Hiring Department
- The Vice-Presidency for Finance oversees the financial management of the Bank Group.
- This encompasses the Bank Group’s treasury activities including borrowings from the capital markets and investment activities; controllership functions including financial reporting and loan administration; strategic resource mobilization and the strengthening of the non-statutory financial resources and instruments; the overall asset/liability management for the Bank Group.
- The overall objective of the Financial Management Department is to safeguard and improve the Bank Group’s risk bearing capacity while looking to optimize efficiency to benefit clients, shareholders and staff.
- The role of the Treasury Risk Management Division is the management and reporting of treasury risk and the oversight of treasury activities that enable the Bank to make informed and profitable investment and borrowing decisions thereby preserving capital, optimizing profitability and maintaining a strong credit rating.
- The Division’s objectives are to:
- Identify, measure, monitor and mitigate market and credit risks in the Bank’s Treasury operations;
- Ensure the timely reporting of the Treasury Department’s borrowing and investment activities;
- Build an efficient control framework to ensure the adherence to the Bank’s policies, Assets and Liabilities Management (ALM) guidelines and to International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS);
- Provide efficient information systems and analytical support tools to the Treasury Department to improve the decision-making process.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the supervision of the Division Manager, the Senior Treasury Risk Officer is responsible for compliance monitoring and risk reporting of treasury activities, market and counterparty credit risk exposures and the provision of related treasury risk expertise in support of the overall risk management activities if the Bank Group.
The Senior Treasury Risk Officer will:
- Monitor and report on the transaction compliance, market and counterparty credit risk exposures related to the Bank Group’s Treasury activities and review the quality and accuracy of daily and weekly reports produced by Treasury Risk Assistants.
- Verify market and credit database integrity by doing recurrent checks with financial data providers.
- Analyze complex or recurrent issues on fair valuations and Profits and Losses (P&L) calculations on Treasury Portfolios, including Investment, Borrowing and Derivatives transactions of the Bank Group.
- Ensure an efficient control and risk management framework on treasury capital market activities and contribute to its improvement.
- Participate in the design and implementation of decision support tools that improve the efficiency of treasury investment and liability activities and related risk management. Maintain evolving treasury systems data requirement.
- Participate to the negotiation and review of ISDA/CSA and GMRA agreements to ensure an adequate legal framework for treasury operations.
- Provide support to Treasury Divisions for transaction and risk analysis.
- Contribute to the confirmation of offering memorandums, pricing supplements and swap agreements for Treasury activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
Including Desirable Skills, Knowledge and Experience
Application Closing Date
- Hold at least a Master's Degree or its equivalent in Business Administration, Finance, Banking.
- Professional certification in Risk and/or Finance such as Financial Risk Manager (FRM), Professional Risk Manager (PRM), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or Certificate in Quantitative Finance (CQF) will be an advantage.
- Have a minimum of five (5) years of relevant professional experience in International Financial Institutions or Investment Banks, with a large scope of treasury or fixed income activities. Working experience in Fixed Income and Derivatives front-office, middle-office or risk management departments will be an advantage.
- Having private sector experience will be an added advantage.
- Communication; Client orientation; Team working and relationships; Operational effectiveness.
- Analytical and numerical skills with a good eye for detail.
- Ability to cope under pressure with strong planning and organization skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of financial and/or risk reporting.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a multicultural team.
- Proficient in use of standard MS Office software especially Excel.
- Experience in using Summit, Bloomberg, Reuters, Numerix or MSCI Credit Manager software, as well as a knowledge of light programming or database languages like Excel VBA, SQL or C++ would be an advantage.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French preferably with a working knowledge of the other language.
23rd August, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online