African Development Bank (AfDB) - Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank's development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Electro-Mechanical Engineer
Location: Côte d’Ivoire
Position N°: 50000414
The Hiring Department
- The Vice-Presidency, Human Resources and Corporate Services Complex ensures the delivery of efficient, people-centred, client-oriented, corporate services to ensure overall institutional effectiveness in all Bank operations.
- The Vice-Presidency, Human Resources and Corporate Services, is responsible for leading the effort to digitalise and transform the Bank into a knowledge-driven workforce, promote human resource policies that enhance talent, lead a performance-driven culture, and establishing the Bank’s position as the employer of choice.
- The Vice-Presidency, Human Resources and Corporate Services Complex will also drive a new corporate culture that rewards creativity and innovation, develops talent, attracts to and retains a world-class workforce in the Bank.
- Within the Vice-Presidency, Human Resources and Corporate Services Complex, the General Services and Procurement Department formulates and implements the Bank's corporate services and institutional procurement strategies.
- The role of the Operations and Maintenance Division of the General Services Department comprises: management of the Bank's technical infrastructure; management of all Bank fixed assets and real estate; and technical support for activities as part of the Bank's decentralisation policy.
- In this regard, the Operations and Maintenance Division of the General Services Department makes a visible contribution to the support provided by the Corporate Services Complex to other Bank complexes and entities.
- Thus, this Division plays a significant role in implementing the Bank's new development and service delivery model.
The Chief Electro-mechanical Engineer is responsible for:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning and supervising projects and investment programmes for electrical works, air-conditioning, ventilation and heating (HVAC) systems throughout successive phases in the Bank's buildings at Headquarters, in the Regional Offices and other field offices.
- Designing and supervising the implementation of preventive maintenance plans for the various electrical equipment and systems, and air conditioning in the Bank's buildings and other premises at Headquarters.
- Preparing the investment and operating budgets of all electrical and climate control engineering works; and maintenance services and control.
Under the supervision of the CHGS.1 Division Manager, the incumbent will be head the Technical Equipment and Installations Section of the Division. Principally, he/she will:
- Supervise the execution of new and renovation works, and coordinate the management of maintenance and operations contracts on technical installations and equipment.
- Ensure the review and control of all ongoing electrical, energy and climate engineering projects at the design and execution stage, as well as monitor and examine the relevant environmental and sustainable development requirements.
- Oversee the preparation of technical bidding documents and participate in setting up works and services contracts on electrical and energy systems and installations.
- Propose and initiate energy- and cost-savings studies on technical functionality, evaluate energy savings and possible cost reductions, and make recommendations thereon.
- Supervise the implementation of investment and operating budgets for equipment and technical installations.
- Participate in implementing the Bank's decentralisation policy in collaboration with stakeholders in other relevant departments.
- Supervise regulatory inspection visits to technical facilities and ensure the implementation of the relevant recommendations of the control offices.
- Keep abreast of technological developments in the multi-technical field of building construction and renewable energies, and take them into account during the implementation of capital investment programmes.
- In consultation with the team under his/her supervision, review client requests and ensure that all incidents related to electrical and energy installations are resolved.
- As Section Head, organise, lead and control the team’s activities, and set work programme priorities.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
Application Closing Date
- Hold at least a Master's degree or its equivalent in electrical engineering; a specialisation in technical management of works or in electrical control would be an added advantage.
- Have a minimum of ten (10) years of relevant experience in industrial or tertiary electromechanical works or installations maintenance, of which the last five (5) years spent in an organisation or institution similar to the Bank.
- Proven experience in technical management of electrical and energy works.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in planning, organising, managing and coordinating complex works projects and programmes, and service delivery.
- Sound knowledge of regulatory norms and provisions in the field of power generation and distribution.
- Having private sector experience will be an added advantage.
- Possess skills in budget management and procurement of works, goods and services.
- Proven experience in delivering quality operational products and services (economic / technical analysis, expert opinion, evaluation, etc.) to support Bank activities.
- Sound knowledge of the Bank's operational policies, rules, procedures and practices or of those of a comparable institution.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and spoken English or French, with a good working knowledge of the other language.
- Proficiency in the use of standard Microsoft software (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point); knowledge of SAP would be an added advantage.
23rd August, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online