Adexen Recruitment Agency, is mandated by a manufacturing company, to recruit suitably qualified candidates, to fill the position below:
Job Title: Transport Manager
Job Reference: 1307
Industry: Industry & Manufacturing
Function: Supply chain
- The Transport Manager is responsible for direct activities related to dispatching, routeing, and tracking transportation fleet.
- Effectively and continuously manage the transport activities of the transporters and partners and directs investigations to verify and resolve customer or transporters complaints.
- Responsible for organising and overseeing all contractual health and safety requirements and routine vehicle checks and adhering to both company and statutory requirements.
- Works directly with transporters to ensure high fleet availability and reduced downtime.
- Participates in union contract negotiations and settlements of grievances to ensure a smooth running of operations.
- Focus on developing innovative solutions to some of the standard transport operations management. - transport capacity optimisation, transport scheduling etc.
Application Closing Date
- B.Sc in Supply Chain, Engineering or BA
- At least 5 years’ experience in transport management and/or dispatching roles
- Business oriented and customer focus
- Strong understanding in full supply chain/logistics
- Ability to identify process improvements, managing change and delivering quantifiable improvements
- Highly computer literate (MS office) with experience in using an ERP system (eg. JDE or SAP)
- Thinking and analytical skills
- Good communication and influencing skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Negotiation skills
- Good supervisory and people management skills
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online