Chatham House, the Royal Institute of International Affairs, is an independent policy institute based in London. Our mission is to help build a sustainably secure, prosperous and just world.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Africa Internship Programme
- The Africa Programme at Chatham House is looking for an individual with demonstrable interest in African affairs who would like to gain valuable work experience in a policy institute.
- This internship is an opportunity to gain insight into one of the world's leading independent centres for practical policy research and debate on the politics and international relations of sub-Saharan African states.
- The successful applicant will be an integral part of the Chatham House Africa Programme team and gain valuable experience from supporting its current projects and activities.
Applicants should have:
- A bachelor's degree or higher in International Relations, Development Studies, Politics, or related field;
- Demonstrable interest in African affairs;
- Strong writing skills and excellent attention to detail;
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently;
- Strong administrative and organizational skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills
Application Closing Date
- This is an unpaid internship. However, travel expenses to and from work within London (zones 1-6) will be reimbursed for the days worked. Lunch will also be provided in the staff canteen.
27th August, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a CV, covering letter, a writing sample and the names of two referees to "Eugénie McLachlan, Programme Administrator, Africa Programme via: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for more information
Although flexible, we are ideally looking for someone who is able to commit 3-4 days a week.