Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we collaborate to put bold solutions into action - helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within, now and for the future. In Nigeria, Mercy Corps operates in over 13 states focusing on key thematic areas of humanitarian response, conflict mitigation and adolescent girls’ empowerment.
we are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Admin Intern
Program / Department Summary
- Mercy Corps Nigeria’s humanitarian program aims to provide assistance to populations affected by the crisis in Northeast Nigeria. With funding from humanitarian donors including OFDA, FFP, and ECHO the humanitarian programs engage in several interventions including but not limited to food assistance, logistics and relief commodities, protection, livelihoods, WASH and capacity building of humanitarian response actors.
- Mercy Corps plans to scale up and expand its humanitarian response in Northeast Nigeria to reach more beneficiaries with additional and varied assistance in a wider geographic area.
- This position will offer the intern an opportunity to understand what Mercy Corps stands for as well as understand the Humanitarian program in Borno State. Working in the operations department the Intern will be able to learn how to plan and priorities work schedule in a fast demanding work environment.
- The Intern will work with other team members in the operations department as well as programs and should be able to develop good working relationship with the rest of the team.
- Major part of the job responsibility will be to ensure documentations is properly done in the operations department, ensuring documents are stored in an orderly manner.
- Under the direction of the Head of office or operations Officer, the Intern will be responsible for the day to day support to the operations department specifically.
- Support in collecting and compiling all the HR documents such as leave request, timesheets, TAR enduring they are filed both ins hard and soft copy.
- Under the supervision carry out hotel bookings for the visitors and ensuring that rooms are cleaned
- Track all the hotel bookings and match it to the fully approved, reviewed TAR on a monthly basis.
- Learn Mercy Corps Human resources policies, tools and formats to undertake Administrative responsibilities.
- Track job advert positing as well as supporting the HR assistant for long listing, scanning CVs as directed.
- Assists with preparing payment requests and follows up with status to ensure vendor payment is done in a timely manner.
- Track office inventory and make request in time to ensure there is no stock out of office supplies
- Support in operating office equipment such as printers, scanners and copiers, making sure they are clean functional and have ink, paper all the time.
- Support the office and guesthouse cleaners to ensure there have all the tools needed to perform their responsibilities.
- Completed, updated procurement files both soft and hard copies as directed by the Head of Office, Operations Officer
- Understanding of the Mercy Corps Human Resource systems and procedures and ability to apply it to other work environment.
- Accurate hotel booking tracking records with completed supporting documents, such as transfer forms, all assets are tagged.
Ideal candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- BA/S in relevant field preferred
- Good organization skills.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good oral and written skills and computer skills
- Strong computer skills on MS office programs
- Fluency in English; fluency in Hausa is required
Application Closing Date
- Biu office is newly set up and there are a lot of activities that needs to be completed in the shortest time possible. The intern will be expected to work beyond the normal working hours some days and should be able to cope with pressure of doing every task fast, effectively and efficiently.
- Office space as well as working equipment is limited and Intern will have to cope with sharing space as well as equipment with the other team members.
- Mercy Corps interns and volunteers represent the agency both during and outside of work hours and are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and Mercy Corps’ policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
18th August, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV’s and Cover Letter in one document, addressing the position requirements to: email@example.com
All applications must include the position title in the subject line.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview and we are an equal opportunity organization so women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.