Neem Foundation is a non-profit, non-governmental, peace-building and conflict prevention organisation founded as a direct response to the problem of insecurity in Nigeria. The Foundation was established in January 2016 and registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission. We are committed to improving the lives of those affected by the insurgency, and preventing violence through building inclusive communities and raising the standard of education and psychosocial care.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lay Counsellor
Damboa, Bama, Dikwa, Maiduguri and Mafa - Borno State
- Perform basic counselling and/or educational activities to patients, families, communities, NGO staff, teachers, other counsellors in order to improve the mental health condition of the patient. Discuss the treatment of problems with clients.
- Provides a basic range of psychological services to clients.
- Consults with other professionals, regarding the evaluation and treatment of clients.
- Provides psychological assessment, testing and evaluation, referral, consultation, programme planning, chemical dependency counselling/education, prevention service/activities, individual, couples, group and family therapy.
- Interact with clients to provide assessment, testing, diagnosis treatment, case management, follow up and treatment planning, with physicians to provide consultation.
- Collaborates and cooperates in a professional manner with co-workers, other departments and other agencies in order to assure effective continuity of care and services.
- Prepares and maintains mental health notes and narrative reports of mental health activities (in the appropriate charting format).
- Maintain clients’ records, as part of the Medical records system and follows policies of records and maintenance of client confidentiality.
- Observes strict confidentiality and privacy of clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University Degree in any field, Masters Degree in Psychiatry is an added advantage.
- Previous training or experience with cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) is an added advantage.
- Professional, expert knowledge of psychological theories, principles.
- Able to participate in evaluation, diagnosis, individual, group and family psychotherapy, crisis intervention, consultation, prevention and research such as would be obtained in a doctoral programme in psychology and in a clinical internship practice.
- Ability to communicate with children of all ages.
- High degree of skill in the psychological assessment and evaluation of people.
- English Language (Fluent) and Basic understanding of Hausa language
- Must have strong interest in clinical psychology; working with children, helping people rebuild their lives and work towards the development of Borno State.
Profile of Behaviour:
- Confident, attention to detail, independent judgment, self-starter, reliable, team-player, friendly, flexible, disciplined, adaptable, numerate
Application Closing Date
- Practical experience working with victims/ survivors of insurgency.
- Academic or work experience in Psychology
- Hausa speaker
20th August, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online