Neem Foundation is a non-profit, non-governmental, peace-building and conflict prevention organisation founded as a direct response to the problem of insecurity in Nigeria. The Foundation was established in January 2016 and registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission. We are committed to improving the lives of those affected by the insurgency, and preventing violence through building inclusive communities and raising the standard of education and psychosocial care.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Teacher
: Maiduguri, Mafa, Bama, Dikwa, Damboa - Borno
- We are looking for a committed Teacher to complement our qualified workforce of educators.
- You will be responsible for preparing and implementing a full educational teaching plan according to the school’s requirements. It will be fundamental to provide knowledge and instruction to students while also helping them develop their personalities and skills.
- The ideal candidate will be passionate for the job with an ability to reach out to students and create a relationship of mutual trust.
- They will know how to organize a class and make learning an easy and meaningful process.
- The goal is to help cultivate the students’ interest in education and be their dedicated ally in the entire process of learning and development.
Qualifications, Skills, Experience
- Present lessons in a comprehensive manner and use visual/audio means to facilitate learning
- Provide individualized instruction to each student by promoting interactive learning
- Create and distribute educational content (notes, summaries, assignments etc.)
- Assess and record students’ progress and provide grades and feedback
- Maintain a tidy and orderly classroom
- Collaborate with other teachers, parents and stakeholders and participate in regular meetings
- Plan and execute educational in-class and outdoor activities and events
- Observe and understand students’ behavior and psyche and report suspicions of neglect, abuse etc.
- Degree in Teaching or in a specialized subject with a certificate in Education;
- Proven experience as a Teacher
- Thorough knowledge of teaching best practices and legal educational guidelines partnered with a willingness to follow the school’s policies and procedures
- Excellent communicability and interpersonal skills
- Well-organized and committed
- Creative and energetic
- Strong moral values and discipline
- English Language (Fluent) and Basic understanding of Hausa and/or Kanuri language
Profile of Behaviour:
- Confident, attention to detail, independent judgment, self-starter, reliable, team-player, friendly, flexible, disciplined, adaptable, numerate.
Application Closing Date
- Practical experience working with victims/ survivors of insurgency.
- Academic or work experience in teaching
- Experience in managing children
- Hausa and/or Kanuri speaker
20th August, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.