Neem Foundation is a non-profit, non-governmental, peace-building and conflict prevention organisation founded as a direct response to the problem of insecurity in Nigeria. The Foundation was established in January 2016 and registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission. We are committed to improving the lives of those affected by the insurgency, and preventing violence through building inclusive communities and raising the standard of education and psychosocial care.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Case Management Officer
: Borno (Bama, Damboa, Dikwa, Maiduguri, Mafa)
- The Case Management Officer is a high level and sensitive position that will be responsible for helping people in difficult situations with advice.
- The officer expected to produce plans to help clients such as providing the services they need, create plans for treatment, keep track with clients’ progress and work in concert with other healthcare providers.
- Applicants will need to talk with clients and understand their needs.
- Officers will also need to speak with others on their client's behalf, and act as an advocate for them.
- Good listening skills, and speaking in an understandable way and being a good communicator is crucial.
- Applicants will be working with people who are in dire situations and are going through difficult transitions. Being compassionate to their situation and working with them in a positive way is needed
- Officers will have multiple clients with various needs and are in various stages of need. There is a lot of paperwork that will need to be filled out and you will be working with other social workers in different fields, there will be a need to be organized and efficient with your time.
- Clients are looking for someone to help them find solutions to their problems. You will need to think critically and clearly about their situations to find solutions.
- Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Knowledge of and experience in counselling.
- Strong sense of and respect for confidentiality
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Ability to manage conflict and resolve complaints
- Ability to work as part of a team; build and manage professional work relationships with stakeholders.
- Proficiency in using Micro-soft office package
- University Degree in any field. Masters Degree in Human Services, Social Work or Psychology is an added advantage.
- English Language (Fluent) and Basic understanding of Hausa language, understanding other local Borno language
- Must have strong interest in Counselling and social work; working with children, helping people rebuild their lives and work towards the development of Borno State.
Profile of Behaviour:
- Confident, attention to detail, independent judgment, self-starter, reliable, team-player, friendly, flexible, disciplined, adaptable, numerate
Application Closing Date
- Practical experience working with victims/ survivors of insurgency.
- Academic or work experience in Psychology
- Experience in therapy and casework
- Hausa speaker
20th August, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.