Schlumberger is the world's leading provider of technology for reservoir characterization, drilling, production, and processing to the oil and gas industry. Working in more than 85 countries and employing people who represent over 140 nationalities, Schlumberger supplies the industry's most comprehensive range of products and services, from exploration through production and integrated pore-to-pipeline solutions for hydrocarbon recovery that optimize reservoir performance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Engineering & Project Services
Roles & Responsibilities
- The Head of Engineering & Project Services is to manage all engineering and project services activities associated with a major offshore engineering contract as part of an integrated project team. Reports to Project Manager.
- Responsible for the implementation of the project management systems and controls that are required to support the effective execution of the Anyala & Madu Project, including the development and maintenance of an onshore integrated schedule. Be the single provider of cost, budget, milestone and progress data to parties outside the Engineering Department including: Project Change Control, Contract Management, Manpower Planning, controls and staff management for direct staff.
- The position shall also have responsibility for all engineering activities and deliverables for Anyala & Madu Project and will generally be responsible for ensuring that the whole system operates seamlessly as one coherent system. This includes the FPSO, CSPs (Conductor Supported Platforms), FPSO flexibles and in field pipelines.
- The Head of Engineering and Project Services shall participate in all phases of the project including, concept selection, FEED and project execution to ensure the technical objectives are met within the approved scope, budget and schedule and to the required quality standards
- The position is based in Nigeria and it is expected that the duration of the project will be 3 years. The engineer will be expected to travel to locations where equipment is being manufactured such as, but not limited to the UK, US, Singapore, Dubai and Nigeria including stints offshore during hook up and commissioning.
Qualifications, Experience, Behavioural
- Lead and develop ‘best in class’ project services, procedures, processes, systems and models for the Analya & Madu Project from conception through to operation
- Develop and provide project management systems (Development Delivery Process, Electronic Project Management System), services and resources for the project
- Manage the Project Services group (Cost, Planning, Document Control and Supply Chain)
- Owner of the system design (basis of design) from wellhead to export ensuring consistency across all disciplines and project areas.
- Promote effective communication and innovative challenge within the engineering disciplines in order to foster the production of safe, cost effective, fit for purpose and constructible designs.
- Ensure all technical interfaces are identified and that the protocol for managing them is known by all disciplines and is being adhered to.
- Ensure that the protocol for managing concessions and deviations is known by all disciplines and is being adhered to.
- Ensure the correct engineering resources are in place to support successful project delivery and compliance with schedules
- Implement and adhere to Schlumberger and First E&P systems and processes
- Lead and manage development of integrated schedules for Anyala & Madu
- Verify cost estimates
- Monitor key interfaces and potential knock on effects of slippage, overspend, etc.
- Contribute and assure quality of monthly and other reporting
- Direct, control, monitor and co-ordinate all engineering activities
- Ensure applicable legislation and standards required to be complied with are identified and that all stakeholders are aware
- Ensure design reviews are carried out in accordance with the approved project procedures and plans
- Contribute to the progressing of the project strategies, schedules and estimate reporting
- Where appropriate, champion initiatives aimed at developing an innovative and cost effective approach to engineering work
- Ensure all engineering disciplines comply with the project governing procedures
- Ensure that all engineering work is managed and executed in accordance with the agreed budget plan
- Liaise with Clients and Contractors
- Train, coach and mentor individuals on the project team
- Comply with Schlumberger Health, Safety and Environment Policies and Standards
Application Closing Date
- Minimum 15 years’ relevant experience of oil and gas offshore field development projects, candidates with West African FPSO experience in a leadership role preferred.
- Experience in a client and/or contractor leadership role.
- Conductor Supported Platform installation experience is a plus.
- Leadership and management of integrated project services teams
- Suitable design management experience with an engineering contractor or consultant.
- Previous operator experience in managing engineering contractors.
- Proven track record in managing the design of multi-discipline projects
- Technical Authority competence level
- Self-starter and self-motivated person who can demonstrate use of initiative
- Flexible and adaptive approach to work
- Able to communicate articulately and persuasively
- Driven, takes ownership of issues and drives them to completion
- Able to function and be effective in a dynamic construction environment
- Is persuasive and uses logic and reason to convince others
- This is a senior position requiring a self-motivated candidate.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online