African Development Bank (AfDB) - Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank's development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Stock Management Assistant
Position N°: 50000353
- The Vice-Presidency, Human Resources and Corporate Services (CHVP) Complex ensures the delivery of efficient, people-centered, client-oriented, corporate services to ensure overall institutional effectiveness in all aspects of the Bank’s corporate services.
- The complex leads efforts to ensure the competitiveness of the Bank as the employer of choice and is responsible for providing leadership in the formulation and implementation of Bank’s strategies on people, IT, general services and institutional procurements, language services, business continuity, and health and safety strategies.
- The primary roles of the General Services and Procurement Department (CHGS) are to manage the Bank’s assets, oversee all corporate procurement of goods, services, works and real estate, coordinate all staff travel and transport of Bank’s goods and staff, catering services and other logistics arrangements and the mail services and keep staff informed about services offered.
- To this end the CHGS department formulates and applies rules for procurement, storage, and maintenance of furniture, office equipment and supply; design, prepare and implement programs for the construction or acquisition and maintenance of buildings and premises; formulate and ensure the proper and effective application of administration policies within the Bank in such areas as communications, transport, travels, security, protection and safety of the Bank’s staff and property; and perform related duties.
- The department is responsible for managing the Bank’s fixed assets (valued at over UA 100,000,000). The CHGS department comprises 3 divisions supervised by the Director General Services and Procurement. These divisions are: Operations and Maintenance Division (CHGS.1); Corporate Procurement Division (CHGS.2); and Support Services Division (CHGS.3).
Duties and Responsibilities
- This incumbent is responsible for collection of information on Bank’s office supplies and spare parts requirements, analyse information on stock consumption, provide statistics and data for decision support, draft reports and meetings minute’s related Stock issues. Receive procured goods and maintain an accurate and updated record of all stock items entries into the computer system.
- Track the status of the stock, transfers, replenishments, and obsolete stock items for disposal, supervise the movement of stock, stock keeping in the warehouse and stock room and participate in the inventory control. Monitor the stock levels and prepares reports as required.
- Under the Supervision of the Senior and Principal Logistics and Stock Management Officers, the Senior Stock
Management Assistant will:
- Assist in the management of the warehouse, in line with organisations policies.
- Ensure that accurate and complete accounting, reporting and internal control systems are functioning and that all relevant records are properly maintained.
- Ensure that standard systems are properly maintained at warehouses.
- Assess the availability of space and prepare stacking/storage plans prior to programming/contingency commodities arrivals.
- Assist in the receipt of all arriving consignments.
- Monitor the quantity and quality of items stored.
- Carry out regular physical random warehouse checks of stock items and inventory.
- Produce regular stocks reports and daily stocks positions;
- Prepare loading plans and ensure that standard waybills are duly complete.
- Prepare and issue reports from the stock control computer system as requested by management;
- Participate as a member or secretary in committees related to stock management and logistics contract selection, evaluation and execution;
- Work within a team concept to develop and implement ways to improve the efficiency, effectiveness and quality of the products and/or services provided to internal and external customer;
- Draft correspondence and various other documents;
- Schedule and attend meetings with user departments to discuss procedural issues and take minutes at Logistics and stock team formal and informal meetings.
- Coordinate activities related to shipment of personal effects to/from the Headquarters or Country offices to various destinations.
- Coordinate shipments of Bank’s items to/from Headquarters to Country Offices
- Relate with clearing agents, port and airport freight authorities to ensure smooth delivery of Bank’s consignments.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
Application Closing Date
- Holds at least Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Business Administration, Engineering, Law, or in any other relevant discipline.
- Have a minimum of six (6) years of experience in Warehousing and stock Management with experience from private sector being an added advantage.
- Ability to operate effectively in a matrix environment both as team leader and team member.
- Having private sector experience will be an added advantage.
- Ability to deal sensitively in a multicultural environment and build effective working relations with clients and colleagues.
- Ability to identify and understands relationships, constraints and pressures affecting others.
- Ability to recognise the need to maintain accurate records and provide regular reports to those with a valid interest in logistical activities.
- Excellent analytical capabilities and problem solving skills.
- The incumbent should be able to analyse information to develop a conceptual understanding of the meaning of a range of information.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, preferably with a working knowledge of the other language.
- Proficient in the use of standard MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) Practical knowledge of SAP systems will be an advantage.
6th September, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online