Workforce Group - Our client is a multinational FMCG organisation that boasts of being an household name of consumables in over 50 countries.
They are currently recruiting for the position below:
Job Title: Transport Manager
- The Transport Manager plan, organize, direct, manage, evaluate and will be responsible for the operations and budget of transportation departments; movement of goods or companies involved in supply chain services.
- He also ensures that shipments into or out of an organization are handled swiftly, safely, and within budget constraints.
Qualifications And Educational Requirements
- Plan, develop, organize, direct, manage, and evaluate the operations and budget of transportation departments or transportation companies
- Direct the activities of staff in relation to transportation operations including dispatching, routing, and tracking transportation vehicles
- Direct the effectiveness of private, third party and contract carriage systems
- Work with international carriers and freight forwarders to streamline the flow of goods across international borders and through customs
- Negotiate and authorize contracts, and direct procurement related to transportation operational needs
- Direct and manage corporate governance and regulatory compliance procedures related to transportation activities
- Lead all distribution and transportation planning and strategic activities and conduct investigations to determine causes of transportation accidents and suggestion on safety procedures
- Ensure customer goods move from production through the supply chain to the end user
- Interview, select, coach, train, manage and appraise the performance of transportation personnel
- Remain current with latest transportation technology systems and procedures
- Negotiate with carriers, warehouse operators and insurance company representatives for services and preferential rates
- Prepare management recommendations, such as proposed fee and tariff increases or schedule changes
- Recommend or authorize capital expenditures for acquisition of new equipment or property to increase efficiency and services of transportation operations
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent
- Commercial Driver’s License
- 5 years’ experience in similar role
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities:
Application Closing Date
- Experienced in management or supervision and knowledge of transportation system
- Technology proficient, crucial thinking, time management
- Proven skills in leadership, management and team management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations, transportation principles and methods, material handling, administration and management
- Familiar with shipment options, legal issues, government regulations, safety procedures and computer applications.
23rd August, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's to: [email protected]
with the mail title, "Transport Manager"