Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 100 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs. Therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to our approach in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established its presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on agriculture, governance, peace building and Health/HIV programming.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Market Assistant
Ref No: Market Assistant MAY241708
Damaturu - Yobe
Qualifications and Skills
- Under the leadership of the Market Officer, and with guidance from Program Manager, the Market Assistant(MA) is responsible for the daily project activities in her/his geographic location, while maintaining relationships with vendors and beneficiaries.
- Bachelor's degree in Social Sciences, Community Development or any other relevant field
- At least 1 years’ experience in project implementation preferably with an NGO
- Proficiency in MS office application such as word, excel, PowerPoint and outlook
- Demonstrated experience in data collection
- Proven experience in group discussions and other participatory methods
- Demonstrated commitment to gender responsive programming.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, oral and written communication skills in English
- Ability to speak local language- Hausa or Kanuri
- Team-oriented and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to organize and prioritize a variety of initiatives
- Willingness to travel about 70% of the time.
- Fluent English, Hausa or Kanuri a plus.
Application Closing Date
- Travel within Nigeria, frequent vehicle travel to project sites.
31st August, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the "Application Form Below" and send with a detailed 3-page resume in a single file word document to: [email protected]
Click here to download Application Form (Ms Word)
- The position title must be expressly stated as the subject of the email quoting reference number "Market Assistant MAY241708".
- Applications will be accessed on a rolling basis and interviews conducted until all positions are competently filled.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- “CRS is an equal - opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, etc. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply”.
- ‘’CRS’ recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation .