is recruiting for :
Job Title : ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT/SECRETARY
Type of Contract : Service Contract
Post Level : SB-3
Languages Required : English
Starting Date :
(date when the selected canditate is expected to start) 12-Oct-2010
Expected Duration of Assignment : 1 year with possibility of yearly renewal
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Chief Security Adviser, the Administrative Assistant/Secretary ensures effective and efficient functioning of the DSS Office, full confidentiality in all aspects of assignment, and management of information flow and follow-up on deadlines and commitments made.
Summary of key functions:
- Management of the DSS office, ensuring an environment of professionalism and teamwork at all times, and setting exemplary standards of conduct for the team;
- Efficient and discreet management of the Chief Security Advisor’s schedules
- Organization of regular and ad-hoc meetings; preparation of minutes and summaries of actions to be taken; tracking of progress on planned issues; follow-up with focal points.
- Screening of all incoming communications, filter outgoing correspondence for supervisor’s signature, clearance and further action by other staff; wherever possible.
- Use of automated office management system.
- Provide administrative and finance support to DSS OFfice.
- Provide logistics support to UNDSS field offices in Lagos and Port Harcourt
Ensures provision of effective communications and administrative support to the office focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Maintenance of the filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials. Use of automated filing system.
- Draft routine correspondence, interoffice circulars, general briefing notes, documents,reports, and minutes of meetings when requested, translations when required;
- Administration of travel, meetings, appointments and briefings of Chief Security Advisor Including drafting of background notes.
- Ability to perform a broad range of activities aimed at effective and efficient functioning of UNDSS office, including data/ schedule management, maintenance of protocol, information flow.
- Ability to provide input to business processes re-engineering, elaboration and implementation of new data management systems
Required Skills and Experience
- Higher National Diploma/Bsc Secretarial Administration
- 3 to 5 years of progressively responsible secretarial, administrative, programme experience is required at the national or international level.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc), experience in handling of web based management systems.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential.
- Working knowledge of any of the three Nigerian major languages would be an advantage.
Application Deadline :
2nd September, 2010
How To Apply
Click here to apply online