Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on vulnerable children, agriculture, health and HIV, extractives and governance, and peace building programming.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Ref No: FOB-18117
Purpose & Primary Functions
- The Finance Officer will manage the daily financial operations (accounting, financial management, budget monitoring, reporting and accounting package such as Sun Systems Administration) of the program and ensure that the financial accounting environment is in compliance with CRS policies and procedures, donor rules and regulations & local government requirements.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting. Qualified chartered accountant ACA or ACCA will be an advantage.
- Seek and apply knowledge of accounting packages
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar position.
- Demonstrated strong ability with budget preparation, expenditure tracking, monitoring and evaluation, reporting, etc
- Prior experience with international, bilateral or multilateral organization.
- Strong ability to read and interpret policies and regulations.
- Skilled in MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Internet.
Application Closing Date
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong team work and beneficiary/local partner-service focus; able to work with diverse groups of people as a member of multi-cultural teams, both as team leader and team member;
- Communicative and dynamic/skilled in obtaining information from staff and/or external partners and potential sponsors as necessary to accomplish duties.
- Demonstrated strength in partner relationships; diplomatic and able to manage conflicts and to move groups toward consensus
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge and skills formally and informally to diverse audiences;
- Patience and dedication to strengthening local partner organizations and working with partners in a spirit of authentic partnership;
- Able to prioritize work, multi-task and control processes.
- Strong representation, presentation and communication skills.
- Able to work diligently and independently.
- Ability to work in a team work environment and coordinate team work.
- Ability to work under pressure with short deadlines.
- Maturity, diplomacy, tact and discretion, with strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to remain calm and professional in tense situations.
8th September, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the "Application Form Below" and send with a detailed 3-page resume in a single file word document to: [email protected]
. The position title and location must be expressly stated as the subject of the email quoting reference numbers: "Finance Officer: FOB-18117"
Click here to download Application Form (MS Word)
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- CRS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, etc. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply”.
- CRS’ recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.