478limited is your number one Online Wholesale store in Nigeria. It's an online store where you can get virtually all you are looking for such as; Beverages, Cereals, Pasta Toiletries, Child Care, Canned Goods, Snacks, Candy and more online and have them delivered directly to you. 478 has a payment options that suits your need also available is pay-on-delivery for your convenience.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Logistics Manager
- Planning and coordinating all logistics/transportation activities/movements.
- Perform analysis and forecasting
- Managing budgets and ensuring cost-effectiveness
- Drafting reports and making written recommendations and oral presentation
- Use IT systems to manage stock levels, delivery times and transport costs;
- Use associated information systems to coordinate and control the order cycle;
- Use data from IT systems to evaluate performance and quality and to plan improvements;
- Allocate and manage logistics staff resources according to changing needs;
- Manage drivers and forklift/pallet truck operators;
- Liaise and negotiate with vendors;
- Develop business by gaining new contracts, analysing logistical problems and producing new solutions;
- Continually try to improve and develop business performance within the constraints of legislation, fuel costs and rising environmental pressures.
- Implement health and safety procedures;
- Manage logistics staff training issues;
- Motivate other members of the team;
- Project management;
- Plan and implement projects;
- Plan vehicle routes;
- Use specialist knowledge, such as mechanical-handling systems, to provide consultancy services
- Plan, direct, or coordinate logistics personnel and logistics systems and direct daily operations.
- Responsible for all maintenance planning and coordination of Project Equipment’s Maintenance and Workshop. The primary objective will be to utilize personnel, equipment, to ensure maximum production quantity and quality and record for all of Project Equipments while supporting the policies, goals, objectives and health and safety of workshop, plants and equipment’s.
- Coordinate and Resolve problems concerning transportation and logistics,
- Coordinate training and certifications of equipment/warehouse operators and shortlist and hire operators.
- Maintain metrics, reports, process documentation, customer service logs, or training or safety records.
- Supervise the work of other external logistics specialists, planners, or schedulers.
- Direct inbound or outbound logistics operations, such as transportation or warehouse activities, safety performance, or logistics quality management.
- Direct distribution/warehouse centre operation to ensure achievement of cost, productivity, accuracy, or timeliness objectives.
- Negotiate transportation rates or services.
- Analyse the financial impact of proposed logistics changes, such as routing, carriage modes, product volumes or mixes, or carriers.
- Recommend optimal transportation modes, routing, equipment, or frequency.
- Monitor product delivery/dispatch processes to ensure compliance with regulatory or legal requirements.
- Develop risk management programs to ensure continuity of supply in emergency scenarios.
- Plan or implement improvements to internal or external logistics systems or processes.
- Plan or implement material flow management systems to meet distribution requirements.
- Analyse all aspects of corporate logistics to determine the most cost-effective or efficient means of transporting products or supplies.
- Apply anti –fraud, anti-corruption compliance policies to staff and procedures for logistics activities.
- Establish or monitor specific supply chain-based performance measurement systems.
- Ensure carrier compliance with company policies or procedures for product transit or delivery. Prepare or file environmental certification applications.
- Conduct and arrange pickups of employees, technical teams or visitors- foreign and local when required.
- Allocation of vehicles
- To assist and plan with all departments the general working aspects of the Equipment’s maintenance with the workshop.
- Maintain assets register and carry out regular Equipment verification
- Ensure accurate records of activities and reports, pertaining to the maintenance operations of all Equipment
- Consult with team members and supervisors to continually update and improve workshop functions, costs, and services for all sites.
- Ensures proper record keeping at the warehouse
- Ensure workplace health and safety policy is followed
- Liaise, assist and work closely with the operations, facility management departments etc
- Ensure maintenance of all equipments/warehouse is carried out on base
- Ensure statutory documents are up to date in all vehicles, forklifts etc.
- Ensure insurance policy cover is up to date
- Resolve issues pertaining to VIO, FRSC or POLICE as concerns the operations of the company.
- Ensure good quality fuel is used by vehicles and monitor all systems for fuel supply
- Ensure regular calibration or certification of equipment and plant as required by various authorities
- Promote best practice in the logistics department
- Ensure regular training and certification of operators on equipment and plants
- Maintain company brand and color code in all equipment and plant
- Develop AD numbers for equipment’s
- Ensure operators on plants/equipment’s wear proper PPE and uniforms as conforms to the company branding policy
- Ensure appropriate safety and warning notices are in all equipment /plants especially the pallet trucks etc.
- Employment of operators will be based on local content policy
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly reports on all warehouse and office equipment to the Management.
- Know well how a particular product needs to be stocked.
- Know how to pack the products during transport, so that they are not damaged.
- Use machines for organizing the packed materials properly and making space for the new stock.
- Look after the maintenance of the warehouse.
- Plan the exact method of how the products will be transferred from one place to another, and stored properly in the shelf.
- Provide the technical knowledge to the field officers
- Review the existing logistics method, and suggest any betterment that is required.
- Deal with the designing, and implementation, of all the contracts that are required for the management of the warehousing system
- Keep in mind the benefits of company, while dealing with the contractors.
- Develop methods of tracking the goods available in the warehouse.
- Follow the audit observations, to improve the stocking procedures.
- Keep a track of the goods that are either being dispatched, or being received.
- Safely keep the resources of the company in his custody.
- Carry out other duties as maybe directed by management from time to time.
Application Closing Date
- Proven working experience of 3 (three) years minimum as a logistics manager
- A minimum of HND in Engineering or Transport Management
- Record of successful distribution and logistics management
- Well-versed in technical/engineering operations and logistics management best practices
- Demonstrable ability to lead and manage staff
- Proficient in basic computer application software like Microsoft office.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Should be able to conceptualize a particular idea, and execute the ideas into the system
- Should have good negotiation skills.
- Should be able to train other personnel.
- Should be a good team player
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Must be resident in Lagos preferably, within Ajah and or its environs
17th September, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed CV's and application, to: [email protected]
using "Logistics Manager" as the email subject.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.