Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on vulnerable children, agriculture, health and HIV, extractives and governance, and peace building programming.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Driver
Reference number: DRV170917
Borno, Damaturu, Adamawa
- Drivers will be responsible for ensuring that the minimum maintenance standard of the CRS/Nigeria’s fleet as stated in the vehicle manufacturer’s specification.
- He will also follow up and ensure that routine preventative maintenance schedules for the vehicles are strictly adhered to in a manner that will assure reliable transportation of CRS staff, assets and other goods.
Qualifications and Skills
- Make recommendations and implement measures that will safeguard the CRS Nigeria vehicles and vehicle equipment to enhance efficiency and reduce the possibility of theft or damage.
- Ensure that daily checks are performed on assigned vehicle before it is driven in the morning.
- Completes the Daily Vehicle Reports and submits to the Head driver each day
- Check and ensure that all journeys and trips (no matter how short) are recorded using the Vehicle Log Book provided in each vehicle.
- Notifies the Finance and Team Lead and Facility & Fleet Manager immediately in accident situations, after checking that all persons involved are safe and follows the procedure for what to do in case of an accident.
- Ensures that fuel does not fall below half a tank in any of the vehicles.
- Responsible for ensuring that CRS vehicles are clean at all times
- Be familiar with, and ensure adherence to the policies and guidelines in the Vehicle Usage and Maintenance Manuals
- Ensure that all travel planning procedures are followed by staff traveling in CRS vehicles and that all the relevant forms are completed
- Maintain a file for all vehicle request and all travel related forms
- Complete the Motor Vehicle Monthly reports /Fuel Usage report and motor vehicle monthly Maintenance report by the 5th of each month
- Ensure that vehicles are driven safely and in line with CRS procedures and regulations.
- Any other duties as assigned from time to time by the Team Lead and Facility & Fleet Manager
Application Closing Date
- Valid Nigerian driver’s license and good knowledge of Maiduguri, Yobe Yola and Nigerian roads
- Minimum Four years’ professional experience in a similar position
- Ability to communicate in English Language is essential
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Must be flexible and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Good knowledge of vehicle mechanics
- Strong leadership abilities
- Experience in supervising other staff
- Ability to generate VMS reports
- Ability to use the Microsoft suite of computer software applications especially MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
2nd October, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the "Application Form Below" and send with a detailed 3-page resume in a single file word document to: [email protected]
The position title and location must be expressly stated as the subject of the email quoting reference number: "DRV170917".
Click here to download Application Form (MS Word)
- Applications will be treated as they are received. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- CRS is an equal - opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, etc. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply”.
- CRS’ recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation .