Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries, including the United States. We aim to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives by improving their health, education and economic opportunities. In times of acute crisis, we mobilize rapid assistance to help children recover from the effects of war, conflict and natural disasters. Each year, we and our partners reach millions of children in communities around the world. Join our dedicated and diverse staff in their work to improve the well-being of children everywhere.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Proposal Budget/Costing Specialist
Job Type: Full-time
Reports to: Head of Business Development
Key Areas Of Accountability
- Save The Children is looking to add a skilled Proposal Budget/Costing Specialist who is passionate about being a part of a global team of individuals committed to improving the lives of children in Nigeria.
- This is a short-term position for initial six months with option to renew and/or convert into a full-time posts.
- The post holder is responsible for analyzing and determining the essential cost elements needed for each proposal submission, in relation to the donor’s requirements, and provides timely and effective leadership, guidance and support throughout the proposal development process.
- The Proposal Budget/Costing Specialist works as part of the Program Development and Quality team to assist in development of proposal budgets.
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes
- Thoroughly review solicitations/calls for funding and become an expert on funder instructions and requirements
- Develop proposal budget templates and guidance
- During proposals, work closely with technical advisors to identify and cost for project activities
- During proposals, work closely across all units such as Operations, Human Resource, Security, Logistics and Finance to identify and budget for operational costs
- Improve budgeting tools and processes within the Save the Children Nigeria CO, in line with Save the Children International and donor guidance
- Ensure that realistic, comprehensive and accurate budgets accompany all proposals
- Build staff capacity in budget development and budget-related areas of donor compliance; preferably including commercial contracts
- Experience leading in the development of budgets for proposals for donors such as USAID, DFID, other bilaterals, foundations and/or corporations
- Experience with non-profit accounting, budget analysis and development
- Knowledge of donor rules and regulations
- Ability to work with technical experts to cost out proposed project activities
- Experience working with field office staff and/or headquarters staff to jointly develop proposal budgets
- Preference for candidates with contract/commercial budgeting experience
- Experience building the capacity of appropriate staff on the business/cost proposal process in accordance with Save the Children policies.
- Master's degree or equivalent experience in a related field required.
- Minimum 5 years overall experience, with 2-3 years developing project budgets
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team to meet deliverables
- Ability to cost for complex programs
- Ability to communicate guidance clearly to non-Finance staff
- Attention to detail
- Excellent Excel skills
Application Closing Date
- Ability to consistently meet multiple deadlines.
18th October, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online