INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager, GBV
Maiduguri with missions on the coordination office in Abuja and on the field bases (Ngala, Bama, Dikwa, Monguno, Mobbar and Magumeri LGAs), Borno State, Nigeria
Starting date: 01/11/2017
Contract duration: 7 months
Reporting to: Head of Mission
Supervision of: 7 local staff
General Purpose of the Position
Main Responsibilities and Tasks
- The Pm of the CP project will oversee the activities, Administrative, HR and Logistics component of the project, including Maiduguri, Bama - Banki, Mobbar and Monguno, ensuring operations quality, strategic programming and planning, ensuring strategic growth and strong external and internal representation and advocacy.
- S/he must be able to motivate and lead a diverse staff as well as effectively oversee the activities, budgets and partnerships.
- Supervise implementation of project activities in a timely manner
- Develop and manage the implementation of/adherence to work plan and M&E plans
- Manage all financial resources allocated to the project, including budget holding responsibility, production of financial plans and cash forecasts and verification of budget vs. actual on a weekly and monthly basis
- Manage all logistical procedures for the project – ensuring INTERSOS and donor requirements are met and proper documentation is collected and maintained for all procurements
- Ensure that reports are submitted to NHF as per the agreed reporting schedule
- Ensure data is collected regularly to respond to agreed indicators
- Develop budgets and project proposals for the GBV sector in Borno State, in close coordination with the technical team and the head of mission;
- Carry out rapid assessments to investigate further programming opportunities inside Borno State;
- Build capacity of INTERSOS in GBV sector, to meet minimum standards for GBV programme in Emergency, including training and mentoring of the staffs with the technical support of the Advisors.
- Technical support for GBV activities throughout the programme providing insights to national and international staff on the standards including tools and methodologies.
- Work with the mission Protection team to strengthen the Protection sector in INTERSOS Nigeria Mission.
- Ensure 5W matrices are submitted to the State Clusters as per the agreed reporting schedule
- Represent in close coordination with the HoM and the Protection department the program with national authorities, non-state actors, UN agencies, NGOs, donors, etc. in Borno State and in Abuja;
- Recruit and train national staff as required to achieve the project objectives;
- Work with the administration department to ensure all administrative procedures are followed for shelter Staff in the field – updated personal details on file, accurate ToRs for each staff member, payrolls etc.
- Relevant degree and/or equivalent GBV working experience.
- Relevant working experience of at least 3 years and previous Humanitarian experience.
- Strategic vision, leadership, people management, teamwork and flexibility, ability to work under pressure in a highly complex emergency context
- Excellent organizational skills in highly complex emergency operation
- Able to ensure quick quality delivery in stressful environment
- Very strong interpersonal skills: strong communication and diplomatic skills
- Practical and problem-solver
- Excellent ability to establish inter-personal relations and good negotiation skills
- Good knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Good knowledge of the international standard on GBV and Protection
- Good knowledge and management of GBV IMS database
- Fully proficient in written and spoken English
Application Closing Date
- Ability to deal with stress and demanding working environment
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of INTERSOS
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online