Green Concern for Development in partnership with Hipcity Hub is commencing both humanitarian and development interventions in the northeast region of Nigeria as its contribution to alleviating the suffering of the people of that region as well as advocate for environmental and social justice.
We work in both urban and rural/hard to reach communities. We are local NGO and not for profit organisation, but committed to service to humanity.
For effective operation, we are looking for a dedicated volunteer to kick start our finance and Admin unit in the capacity below:
Job Title: Finance and Admin Intern/Volunteer
Reports To: State Programme Team Lead
Job Type: Full Time
Job Field: Administration / Secretarial Finance / Accounting / Audit Internships / Volunteering
- The Finance and Admin Intern will be responsible for ensuring the smooth operations of technical efforts and/or field activities by providing logistical support and coordinating programmatic information for the Nigeria project activities.
- She or he will assist State Programme Team Lead in ensuring that any money expended in the field is done in accordance with available policies and procedures as well as donor’s guidelines.
- The Finance and Admin volunteer is aware of, and adheres to, organisation’s financial and procurement policies in all activities.
- She or he will be responsible for working with other staff from the headquarters and/ or partner organizations to coordinate technical assistance.
- Be the face of the organisation to the outside, offering excellent clients/target group care to our guests, clients and partners physically or through the electronic media.
- Facilitate effective and efficient communication between Staff, partners and clients.
- Manage the front office/desk and provide general administrative support functions including but not limited to: typing, copying, binding, drafting memos and letters.
- Handle arrangements and assist in the logistics for meetings, retreats, and workshops and field trips.
- Provide project support to specific projects.
- Assist with Procurement, preparing Activity Profile, Advance Request, Travel Arrangements etc.
- Provide following accounting and financial support to staff and volunteers:
- Prepare payment vouchers.
- Properly code all transactions.
- Processing payment of expenses, including per diem and transport to participants during activities in the field.
- Prepare deposit slips for cash to be deposited into the bank account.
- Reconcile advances, including review of receipts, coding of expenses on the general voucher and entering into QuickBooks or other account software
Maintain accounting files:
Qualifications and Experience
- Tracking and following up on outstanding advances and assure timely reconciliation.
- Other tasks as requested by SPTL
Application Closing Date
- University Degree or HND in Accounting or equivalent certification from a Business Technical School.
- Experience as an Accountant or understanding of key aspects of accounting.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel spreadsheets, or comparable software and basic accounting software (i.e. QuickBooks).
- Specific qualification in management of a large and busy office
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multitask
- Ability to respond to new challenges in a flexible and thoughtful manner
3rd November, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Applications and CV's in one attachment to: [email protected]
- This position is purely a volunteer position and no daily/weekly/month allowance/salary.
- Your passport photograph should be affixed to the CV or Application Letter
- The subject of the Email Should carry your Name in Full – Position (e.g Isa Dikwa- Finance/Admin – Volunteers)