African Development Bank Group (AfDB) - Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries).
The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten Year Strategy (2013 - 2022) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas (High 5s), all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up, namely; energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Modelling Infrastructure Officer
Position N°: 50078338
The Hiring Department/Division
- The Vice-Presidency for Private Sector, Infrastructure and Industrialization is central to the Bank’s mission of developing the private sector, improving infrastructure and accelerating industrialization.
- The complex main functions are to (i) strengthen the enabling environment for private sector [and financial sector] development conducive to inclusive growth and sustainable development, (ii) support the development of reliable and sustainable inf, including cities and urban development, and (iii) place renewed emphasis on industrial and trade performance in support of structural transformation across Africa.
- The Complex leverages knowledge, co-financing, and partnerships to attract private capital and work with governments on delivering the Bank’s development agenda.
- The role of the Bank’s Non-Sovereign Operations and Private Sector Support Department of the Bank (PINS) is to promote private sector in Regional Member Countries, ensuring that it plays a central role in laying the foundations in the development role of the Bank, in line with the Bank’s 10 Year Strategy and HI 5 initiatives.
- As part of the PINS Department, the Strategy and Transaction Support Division is responsible for preparing strategies, policies, guidelines, and analytical tools relevant to the sector; it also ensures global client management and undertakes specialized assignments for the Regions, providing ad hoc advice on transaction bankability, structuring, Project Modelling and designs and implements technical assistance for Private Sector operations.
The main responsibilities of the position holder are:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implementing an adequate IT platform to manage, operate and archive all financial models;
- Building Bank’s internal Capacity in project financial and economic modelling.
- Coordinating of the work of the Modelling Team to assist project officers to perform an integrated financial and socio-economic analysis of their projects
Under the overall guidance and direct supervision of the Division Manager - Strategy and Transaction support, the Chief Modelling Infrastructure Officer will perform the following:
IT Platform for Modelling:
- Design, Implement and maintain IT platform (software and database) to collect and manage all project financial models, to ensure that AfDB analysis is at the highest level and is in line with the latest techniques for financial and economic analysis;
- Develop Database with a Workflow capability to manage the process from inception of requests for modelling including information to support development of financial models, evaluation of financial models, financial analysis, and economic analysis;
- Lead the Conceptualization and implementation of Reporting and dashboard Tools to analyze data on financial, economic modelling;
- Ensure the Integration of the IT platform for modelling within the Bank’s Corporate IT Infrastructure in coordination with IT department.
Building Bank’s internal Capacity in Modelling:
- Assess periodically training needs and capacity building requirements for Bank staff in financial and economic modelling;
- Coordinate and lead the work to design and deriver appropriate programs to develop Bank’s staff capacity in building project financial and economic models;
- Lead the organization of trainings on modelling in coordination with the HR department.
Coordination of Modelling Team:
- Coordinate the work of the Modelling Team to provide assistance to project officers in analyzing, understanding and acquainting with financial and economic models;
- Assist Sector departments by proving/advising the adequate Modelling experts to support their Team in project preparation and evaluation;
- Lead the work to ensure that lessons learned from financial and economic Modelling are shared.
- Handel periodic reports to the Management on Project modelling activities.
- Ensure continuity of a centralized coordination of Modelling function.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
Application Closing Date
- Hold at least a Master’s degree (or its university equivalent) in Finance or related field and/or Computer science for Business.
- Diploma and/or Certificate in Corporate and project Finance Management
- Have a minimum of seven (07) years of relevant professional experience in the Bank or a similar institution with extensive experience in IT systems and also in coordination of private sector transactions.
- Strong experience with IT database, Software technology and innovative systems;
- Comprehensive state-of-the-art understanding of corporate and project finance modelling;
- Sound knowledge of private sector transaction processing and Bank’s NSOs ecosystem;
- Deep understanding and familiarity with the Bank’s procedures.
- Operational effectiveness
- Innovation and creativity
- Team working and relationship
- Client Orientation
- Excellent spoken and written English or French languages, preferably with a working knowledge of the other;
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft Office Suite applications; Knowledge of SAP is advantageous.
13th December, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online