Michael Stevens Consulting - Our client, a major player in the Oil and Gas Sector, requires for immediate employment a suitably qualified candidate for the position below:
Job Title: Commissioning Manager
Port Harcourt, Rivers
- The purpose of this position is to perform the essential commissioning management job duties and functions as listed below for Pipeline projects with the overall objective of defining and establishing a pre-commissioning / commissioning / turnover (commissioning) execution framework on the project(s) and ensuring the safety, quality, value, timeliness, and profitability of the assigned project(s).
- This includes developing, managing and executing all commissioning and related activities in conformance with company policies and procedures, contracts, plans, specifications, schedules, and cost estimates.
- This role directs all staff in all functions necessary in their roles to meet or exceed all project commissioning objectives.
- This position requires authoritative knowledge and background, holistic grasp of complex situations with the ability to move between intuitive and analytical approaches with ease, and see the overall picture and alternative approaches.
- This role includes responsibilities on sales pursuits, proposals, studies, large or mega sized and moderate to high risk engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) Pipeline projects.
- This position may be assigned responsibility for multiple projects at various stages of development or a single large or mega Pipeline project.
- The Pipeline Commissioning Manager will work closely with the Pipeline Business Team, the Construction Group, Sales, Project, Proposal and Engineering Managers.
- This position will be responsible for functionally developing, managing and delivering the means and methods of the commissioning execution strategy, schedule and cost.
- This position will typically be the lead person directing all commissioning activity for a project including the lead staff position responsible for and directing all commissioning activities at the site.
Basic Job Requirements
- Adheres to and support Leading Engineering / Architecture Company's Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) and Sustainability Policies.
- Ensure HSE is emphasized throughout all commissioning activities. Play an active role in the development of the safety culture on the project, making safety a natural part of all work performed.
- Ensures execution of all commissioning aspects of the assigned project(s) in accordance with Leading Engineering / Architecture Company policies and procedures, Quality Program, project plans and contractual obligations.
- Leads and directs all functions necessary to safely and efficiently execute the scope.
- Leads commissioning activity during proposals, studies and EPC phases of Pipeline projects.
- Participates in proposal and project reviews with specific focus on pre-commissioning, turnover, commissioning, testing and hand-over execution issues, field staffing requirements, cost estimates, project schedules, and project risk issues.
- Participates in reviews (including red team and project reviews) of active Leading Engineering / Architecture Company projects to ensure that project performance is in accordance with plan.
- Ensures best practices by developing and implementing turnover, pre-commissioning, commissioning, preservation and maintenance processes and systems considering and including: contractual requirements, project and construction schedule, reliability, maintenance, materials management and change management.
- Provides functional leadership and works with the Pipeline Business team to develop and ensure consistent implementation of turnover, pre-commissioning and commissioning strategies, practices, and processes across Pipeline projects.
- Accredited 4 year Degree or global equivalent in applicable field of study and minimum of 15 years commissioning / construction related work in the Oil and Gas industry
- Minimum 10 years turn over/commissioning/mechanical completion experience
- Minimum 5 years experience with commissioning of Pipeline projects, domestic or international
Other Job Requirements:
Application Closing Date
- Experience in developing and implementing detailed commissioning execution plans and schedules using modular fabrication and stick-built construction techniques
- Ability to develop, implement and manage proposals, budgets and business plans.
- Experience in turnover, pre-commissioning, commissioning, mechanical completion on LSTK EPC projects
- Functional knowledge of pre-commissioning, turnover, commissioning, operations and maintenance technology
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to travel on a short notice both internationally and domestically and to accept short and long term assignments.
- Experience in project risk reviews and follow-up for mitigation planning and execution
- Demonstrated leadership skills necessary to achieve business and project results.
- Proficient in MS Office and Project scheduling software.
- Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state/province, and federal/national statutes and guidelines
- Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
28th December, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org
with the Job Title as the subject of the mail.