The Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF), the Federal Government agency with the mandate of developing indigenous human capacity and petroleum technology to meet the needs of the oil and gas industry, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for:
Title: 2018/2019 Overseas M.Sc Scholarship Scheme Under PTDF Strategic Partnerships with Germany, France & China
The Strategic Partnership Scholarship
The Strategic Partnership Scholarship was developed to improve the Funds’ Overseas Scholarship Scheme by offering candidates the opportunity to benefit from a diversified pool of knowledge and the facilities offered by world-class institutions across the globe.
In recognition of the fact that the best education can be found on numerous shores, the Fund has sought out strategic partnerships in Germany, France and China where candidates are offered the opportunity to study in English-taught classes and conduct research in world- class facilities where they will also have the opportunity of experiencing new cultures and work environments.
Under this scheme, candidates are invited to apply through PTDF to specific programmes at the partner institutions in any of the three countries (full list of sponsored courses is available on the PTDF website: www.ptdf.gov.ng
). The award includes the provision of flight tickets, payment of health insurance, payment of tuition and bench fees (where applicable) as well as the provision of allowances to meet the costs of accommodation and living expenses. The programmes will also include language classes to aid scholars settle into their new environments. Please note that the Fund will be responsible for obtaining admissions for the candidates to their selected programmes.
Selection Process, Criteria & Requirements
PTDF scholarships are highly competitive and only candidates who are outstanding across the board are selected. A selection committee will be constituted to assess applications using the following criteria:
- Membership of professional bodies
- The viability of the study/research plan.
- Applicants are required to make a case for their scholarship by submitting a statement of purpose (maximum 500 words) stating the reason(s) they want to undertake the study, the relevance of the proposed study to the industry and its expected impact on national development.
- A minimum of Second Class Upper (2.1) qualification in their first degree or a Second Class Lower (2.2) with relevant industry experience
- Must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service (NYSC)
- Must be computer literate
- Possession of 5 0/level credits including English Language.
Applicants are advised to scan copies of the following documents and attach to their online application forms:
Application Closing Date
- First Degree Certificate or Statement of Result
- NYSC discharge certificate
- WAEC/GCE/SSCE/NECO results as well as the PIN numbers on the application forms to enable PTDF view the O’level results on the relevant website).
- Recent Passport Photograph
- Local Government Identification Letter
- Evidence of membership of professional associations
5th February, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Candidates who successfully scale through the first round of screening will be requested to submit their transcripts; all applicants are therefore advised to prepare their transcripts for submission in anticipation of such a request.
- The policies, requirements, offerings, timelines, activities and fees set forth on this site do not form a contract of any kind and are subject to change without notice at any time at the sole discretion of the Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF). Such changes may be of any nature, including, but not limited to, the content of any of the aforementioned.
- Applicants should maintain a valid e-mail address during the entire application process, as most of our information is communicated electronically.