Neem Foundation is a non-profit, non-governmental organization founded as a direct response to the problem of insecurity in Nigeria. The Foundation was established under Nigerian law in January 2016 and is registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission. We are committed to improving the lives of those affected by the insurgency and preventing violence through building inclusive communities and providing and raising the standards of psychosocial care.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Officer
Qualifications, Skills, Experience
- Oversee and administer the day-to-day activities of the office; develops policies, procedures, and systems which ensure productive and efficient office operation.
- Advise the Assistant Director and provide policy guidance and substantive inputs on administrative, legal, and human resource matters;
- Lead administrative structuring of other offices to improve efficiency and support;
- Oversee and maintain calendars and travel arrangements, provide logistical support to Office and respond to correspondences as requested, and handle day-to-day administrative problems and situations as they arise.
- Oversee flow of office correspondence.
- Ensure the timely processing of all administrative processes submitted to the unit for processing and ensure submissions to the Assistant Executive Director;
- Undertake research and analysis on specific tasks as required, and prepare letters and/or reports.
- Provide assistance in the understanding and interpretation of Neem Foundation’s policies and procedures, as appropriate, and strict compliance with Administration and Financial Reporting/Requirements in line with Neem Foundation’s policies and standards.
- Support the achievement of programme objectives, including M&E, and maintain accurate and appropriate case documentation and records, and ensure the confidentiality of records/information.
- Ensure the protection of programme and office assets.
- Coordinate with the Foundational Procurement Focal Point all procurement processes; Ensure logistical/other support.
- Ensuring a good system in place to keep good control of office and IT inventories.
- University Degree in any field. Masters Degree in Administration or Management is an added advantage.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Strong sense of and respect for confidentiality
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Ability to manage conflict and resolve complaints
- Proficiency in using Micro-soft office package
- English Language (Fluent) and Basic understanding of Hausa language or any other local language in Borno State.
- Must have strong interest Programme Implementation and Administration; working and helping people rebuild their lives and work towards the development of Borno State.
Profile of Behaviour:
- Confident, attention to detail, independent judgment, self-starter, reliable, team-player, friendly, flexible, disciplined, adaptable, numerate
Application Closing Date
- Practical experience working with victims/ survivors of insurgency.
- Academic or work experience in Psychology
- Experience in managing Human Resources
- Hausa speaker
31st January, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online