Neem Foundation is a non-profit, non-governmental organization founded as a direct response to the problem of insecurity in Nigeria. The Foundation was established under Nigerian law in January 2016 and is registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission. We are committed to improving the lives of those affected by the insurgency and preventing violence through building inclusive communities and providing and raising the standards of psychosocial care.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme Officer
- The Programme officer will be responsible overseeing Neem Foundation’s Heroines’ of Peace initiate.
- He or She will continuously developing and implementing a comprehensive communications strategy as well as supporting the execution of the project.
- The Ideal candidate will be expected to engage with different stakeholders to facilitate outreach; and the execution of the project objectives. In addition, the candidate will play a central role in helping to adopt innovative approaches to communications, leveraging traditional and new media opportunities.
Qualifications, Skills, Experience
- Participates in the development and implementation of Neem Foundation’s Heroines of Peace Initiative
- Monitors and analyzes the development and implementation of Action Plan
- Reviews relevant documents and reports; identifies problems and issues to be addressed and proposes corrective actions; liaises with strategic partners
- Create and edit video sequences combining raw footage, photography, audio & motion graphics packaging in-house and in a fast-paced environment.
- Identifies and tracks follow-up actions and Performs engagement assignments, in Planning and facilitating workshops, webinars and other interactive sessions and engages
- Assists in policy development, undertakes survey initiatives, including the review and analysis of issues and trends related to the project.
- Prepares various written outputs, such as reports, background and policy papers, talking points, guidance and analytical notes.
- Deliver strategic communications and engagement content for the Project
- Asses and analyse the needs of persons of concern in the country in a participatory manner and using an Age, Gender and Diversity (AGD) perspective to form a firm basis for planning.
- Support in the development of strategies, methodologies, contingency plans that respond to new and emerging operational challenges.
- Undertakes outreach and makes presentations on topics related to Women and peace building, including priority topics of Action Platforms.
- Supports coordination of activities related to the execution of the project including programme strategy, annual activity reports, progress reports and assists in preparing related documents.
- Performs other duties as required
Application Closing Date
- University degree essential;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal in English (native or near-native English speaker);
- 2-4 years relevant experience in Communication, preferably with a background in journalism or undertaking media/public outreach on behalf of an (international) organization;
- Solid work experience in and understanding of organizational branding and the development of communications strategies, online (new media) and direct communications, production of publications - such as short reports and public outreach stories, and photojournalism/info graphics;
- Experience and interest in research communications is preferred, including the ability to communicate effectively with a policy audience and translate complex ideas into plain English;
- Strong writing and editing skills for creating stories, and experience in proactively pitching timely stories and op-eds to a broader audience;
- Highly collaborative approach, with strong interpersonal skills, able to cultivate and develop networks among members and other stakeholders;
- Experience with multicultural team work;
31st January, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online