Guinness Nigeria Plc is a major market for Diageo: Guinness Nigeria operates in the unique and fast growing alcohol industry of over 15mhl beer potential. It is the only company that does Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) in Nigeria. It’s an on trade dominated market but with a fast growing off trade channel.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Leader, Packaging
Type of Job: Employee
Reports To: Shift Manager
Context of the role
Purpose of the role
- The Packaging Department is responsible for the packaging of all brewing products into returnable and non-returnable containers, ready for distribution.
- The Packaging Team Leader is responsible for his Line during shift production hours, with full responsibility for his team and the dept. assets. The incumbent oversees all packaging activities through his team, and reports to the Packaging Shift Manager. The incumbent is responsible for meeting shift production volumes on his/her line at the right quality, while achieving targets in a cost efficient manner.
- They are also responsible for the shift delivery of all productivity initiatives and the entrenchment of EISC practices in a safe and healthy working environment.
- Overall responsibility for the delivery of Line output during shift run, targets and goals by managing, leading and supporting shift team to produce in a safe manner to desired customer service, quality and yield levels in the most cost effective and efficient manner.
- To identify and drive improvement, ensuring delivery of dept. goals.
- To manage resource allocation, develop team members and optimise individual potential to contribute to overall site performance.
- The Nigerian beer market is very complex with many competitors and a strong quality, cost and delivery focus.
- Need to constantly reduce production cost, while maintaining high quality and delivery in a highly unionised working environment.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Supervise, prioritise and coordinate all activities of shift team workers on Line, including operational, personnel, and administrative tasks to ensure that all products required are produced to target volumes and specifications with best possible efficiencies and optimum KPI’s.
- Control cost of packaging by minimising process waste, maximising efficiencies and taking appropriate actions to reduce downtime and improve quality.
- Develop & deliver improved performance against targets through effective problem solving, decision-making and communication between shift teams, and aligned planned activity with EISC Team, Engineering, Brewing, customer services and Brewery Logistics.
- Lead implementation of the company’s health, safety, quality, environment and hygiene standards for the protection of company products, personnel and assets in the packaging environment.
- Manage team’s individual training & development within clear improvement plans, using the BCM and CAP framework and Perfect Plant methodology to drive performance and efficiencies towards world class standards.
Application Closing Date
- Science or Engineering Degree or equivalent
- Should hold an IBD/NSE qualification and knowledge of packaging and WCM techniques.
- 4 years’ experience in food or drink packaging environment with a track record of delivering sustainable improvements in packaging efficiency and quality, particularly through effective people management and development.
- Competency in packaging management and prioritization of resources to meet key targets, while setting high standards & stretching goals for self & others to exceed internal & external customer needs
- Knowledge of Guinness policies is an added advantage.
- Structured problem evaluation & solving skills and ready to make decisions, take the initiative and originate action.
- High level of energy and commitment to team based achievement and high interpersonal effectiveness to develop & sustain robust relationships.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online