Guinness Nigeria Plc is a major market for Diageo: Guinness Nigeria operates in the unique and fast growing alcohol industry of over 15mhl beer potential. It is the only company that does Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) in Nigeria. It’s an on trade dominated market but with a fast growing off trade channel.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Operator, Filler
Type of Job: Employee
Reports To: Spirits Operations Manager
Context of the role
Purpose of the Role
- The Spirits Operations Technician-labeller will be responsible for operating, cleaning and maintaining their plant and equipment in a safety conscious manner to meet the increasing volume and quality demands in a reliable and cost efficient manner.
- They are also responsible for participating in all improvement initiatives and PIP’s in their department and for their own training and development. They will report to the Spirits Operations Manager.
- To produce spirits at customer service levels, quality conformance at the right budget.
- To apply technical, process, continuous improvement and individual/team development skills to optimize overall brewery improvement and plant performance.
- To adopt a safe and professional approach to all aspects of the role as an individual/team player.
- The Nigerian Spirits market is very complex with many competitors and a strong quality, cost and delivery focus
- The need to constantly reduce production cost, while maintaining high quality and delivery in a highly unionised working environment.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Carries out the filler operation of the spirits packaging process through stipulated processes and procedures.
- Adhere to GNPLC policy and procedures for Safety, Health and Environment and hygiene to ensure a safe and efficient operating environment. Utilise and apply safe systems of working and pro-actively seek opportunities to improve work environment.
- Ensures both liquid, bottle and crown wastes are within AOP.
- Deliver best possible plant operation by maximising plant availability and efficiency of operation through execution of Planned Preventative Maintenance schedules.
- Optimise finished product quality, through continuous observation and attention to detail, delivering RFT against the Global Finished Product Specification on quality and control parameters. Respond to non-conformances in a timely manner to keep process on track. Apply, record & share learning’s or RCPS Root Cause Problem Solving to prevent re-occurrence.
- Demonstrate flexibility in terms of availability, attitude and work practices and assist colleagues in breakdown maintenance and solving problems on their equipment.
- With support from Spirits Operations Manager, achieve production plans and key performance targets, and deliver agreed Customer Service levels.
Application Closing Date
- OND/ Trade test (City and Guild) or any nationally recognized equivalent in any of Mechanical/ Electrical/ Instrumentation field and ideally have an appropriate qualification in Packaging, Engineering or Utilities in addition.
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years’ experience/competence in Operations, Maintenance, Process Control and Performance Measurement in a brewery, drinks or food manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrate detailed understanding of Permit to Work system and GNPLC SHE policies, statutory requirements and responsibilities.
- Demonstrate understanding of teamwork principles, continuous improvement, preventative maintenance and problem solving.
- Respond to change in a positive and flexible manner and sustain a positive outlook across a range of situations/challenges.
- High level of energy and commitment to team based achievement and high interpersonal effectiveness to develop & sustain robust relationships.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online