The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to people affected by war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Storekeeper
Primary Supervisor: Base Manager
- Reporting to the Base Manager, the Storekeeper is responsible for ensuring the overall care and maintenance of the store house in Monguno
- He/She must be able to rapidly turn Program materials around, whilst ensuring the security of the materials and maintaining audit-compliant records.
She/He must be able to:
- Understand, implement and / or maintain standard IRC inventory management policies and procedures.
- Document the receipt, handling, storage, and release of goods through the IRC warehouse(s).
- Advise supervisor of potential inventory shortage.
- Manage casual laborers in the warehouse.
- Ensure the maintenance of warehouse building(s), fittings and equipment.
- Implement and ensure clear safety procedures within and around the Warehouse Premises.
- Implement and ensure clear loading / offloading procedures, correct stacking and turnover (FIFO) procedures.
- Advise the Warehouse Officers of warehouse-specific issues or improvements
- Maintain the Warehouse activity book or Register recording all outgoing and incoming receipts and activities.
- Any Other duties as delegated by the Warehouse Officer
Warehousing and Inventory:
- Monitor security of IRC’s storage and supplies.
- Receive completed store’s request/ release forms and prepare the goods for issuance.
- On a monthly basis, work with the Supply Chain Coordinator to reconcile the Warehouse register in the Asset tracking sheet and equipment issuance forms.
- Update the stock record cards and Bin Cards regularly.
- Maintain full and accurate stock card and bin card records.
- Partake (documented) in monthly and ad-hoc physical inventory checks.
- Ensure Warehouse is properly arranged according to accepted standards (stacking and spacing).
- Strong sense of personal integrity.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong supervisory skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Team spirit and problem solving abilities.
- At least a Secondary School education and most be able to communicate in English (speak and write English, recommended)
- Have worked as a cook and cleaner in either a private and or public entity.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Generic warehouse management systems and forms
- Physically mobile, able to lift 30kg without strain.
- Competent in spoken and written English
- Good mathematical skills.
- Competent use of the computer especially Microsoft excel (format / sort / filter).
- Must be a Nigerian with good command of English language; but preferably from Monguno
Certificates or Licenses:
- Knowledge of generic warehouse management systems and forms
- The positions are located in IRC Base Office Monguno - situated in northeast Nigeria – where military operations against the Non State actors is ongoing.
- Monguno has no electricity or telecommunication system in place, so staff depend on the internet for official communication.
Application Closing Date
- Competitive Monthly salary,
- 13th Month Salary Inclusive,
- Health Insurance Coverage for Family, Pension, Creche Facilities available for Women with babies under 24 Months.
20th March, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letters and CV's to "Senior Human Resource Manager" via: [email protected]
Subject of the application should read: "Storekeeper, Moguno"
Hand delivered application should be sent only to the IRC Monguno Base Office.