The Spiritan University Nneochi (SUN) is owned by the Congregation of the Holy Spirit (Spiritans), Province of Nigeria South East. The Congregation is an International Religious Order in the Catholic Church founded in France on May 27, 1703. The members of this Religious Order began their educational and evangelization work in Nigeria in 1885. The name of the University is inspired by the charisms of the Holy Spirit who is Spirit of Knowledge, Understanding, Wisdom and Fortitude. The University was approved by Federal Executive Council of Nigeria on the 6th of December 2017 and issued with a licence to operate as a Private University on the 19th of December 2017.
Applications are invited to fill the academic position below:
Job Title: Laboratory Technician
Department: University Medical Centre
Conditions of Service
- Must possess HND in Medical Laboratory Science or Microbiology or National Diploma in Medical Laboratory Science in addition to 2 years’ work experience or National Diploma in Microbiology in addition to a minimum 3 years cognate experience.
- Must be registered with Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
- Conditions of service and salary scales are negotiable and in accordance with spiritan university, nneochi: conditions of service handbook (2018).
11th June, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit ten (10) copies of their Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae and photocopies of their credentials. The Curriculum Vitae should highlight the following:
- Full Name: Surname, (underlined) First, Middle
- Date of Birth
- Gender and Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- E-mail address and Mobile Phone Number(s)
- Postal and Permanent Home Addresses
- LGA, State and Nationality
- Schools attended and Qualifications obtained with dates formatted properly
- Academic Experience
- Languages and ICT skills
- Other Professional Experience(s)
- Conferences and Seminars Attended (If any).
- Selected Prizes and Scholarships (If any).
- Positions held with dates
- Membership of Professional Bodies
- Names and Addresses, Email and Mobile Phone Numbers of Three (3) Referees.
Applicants are expected to request the referees to forward a 1000-word report under confidential cover directly to the "Registrar" through the address below. The Referees should also be informed to indicate the position and Department applied for by the candidate.
All Applications should be marked “Confidential” in a sealed Manila Envelope marked “Post of Laboratory Technician (University Medical Centre) ” and submitted to:
The Registrar and Secretary to Council,
Spiritan University Nneochi,
P.M.B. 10, Ngodo-Isuochi,
- Applicants are requested to indicate in their applications the position applied for and the relevant Department.
- Only short listed applicants that followed the guidelines, meet our minimum requirements and have completed their National Youth Service Corps shall be contacted for further discussions and interview.