Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: FSL Officer - Economic Empowerment
: Damaturu, Yobe
Job Type: Full Time
Programmes - FSL
Tasks and Responsibilities
- The position is based in Damaturu, Yobe State and reports directly to the Sector Manager-Social Protection.
- The Economic Empowerment Officer is required to work closely with the Sector Manager-Social Protection to fulfill the overall project objectives and strategy and provide support to the implementation of economic empowerment component of the project at the base level.
- Develop detailed planning and implementation strategies of economic strengthening of the income generation activities.
- Participate in the review of technical assessments, survey designs as well as monitoring and evaluation of income generation activities the field level.
- Ensure harmonization of other programs following Action Against Hunger technical tools and guidelines.
- Ensure compliance, technical quality and coherence in all areas of economic empowerment of the social protection interventions of the programs.
- Track and report technical activities on economic empowerment of the social protection component of the program
- Participate in regular internal and external coordination for the program at LGA and state levels when required.
- Maintain and update data for easy documentation of lessons learnt.
- Contribute to the development of activity progress reports as well as technical reports on project activities.
- Support the Sector manager in the development of project work plan.
- Other duties as assigned.
Application Closing Date
- Degree in a related field e.g. Agriculture, Development Studies, Accounting and Business Management.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience in humanitarian contexts, with at least 1 year in conflict/insecure contexts.
- Strong computer literacy, organizational and planning skills including report writing.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible.
- Commitment to upholding Action Against Hunger's mission, values and policy.
- Previous experience managing economic empowerment interventions(i.e. cash based transfer, IGA, agriculture/livelihoods).
- Capacity to analyze and resolve problems including taking appropriate action.
- Ability to share information in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to define realistic goals and objectives.
- Fluency in English and Hausa.
- Previous experience with Action Against Hunger.
30th May, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Advert may close before the due date once we receive application from qualified candidates.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.