Smart Partners Consulting - Our client in the health sector has invested immensely in its Information Technology division, and is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Solution Developer/ Programmer (Head)
Roles and Responsibilities
- In view of this investment, they urgently need the service of Head of Information Technology to put in place complex Hospital enterprise application, develop ERP software, ensuring data security and privacy.
- The ideal candidates should have vast knowledge in writing SQL queries for SQL server, Deployment of new technology in Health care, medical, clinical and business function. Candidate must be able to read and interpret system plans and specification.
- Analyzes and assesses current and proposed information technology plans; directs, oversees and manages the development, design, implementation and maintenance of automated information systems to ensure the achievement of strategic technology requirements and needs of the Hospital.
- Assumes full management responsibility for information and communication technology functions and services at the Hospitals and its affiliate worksite clinics; ensures appropriate implementation and support for medical, business and clinical systems by managing and coordinating applications development/maintenance, data processing, local/wide area network administration, office automation and technical support activities.
- Participates in the information technology strategic planning activities; identifies and defines short and long-range automated system requirements; coordinates departmental input and technology planning processes; develops and recommends organization-wide information technology goals, objectives, policies and priorities.
- Monitors and evaluates the efficiency and effectiveness of the Hospitals’ information technology methods and procedures; develops, maintains and implements programming standards, quality control procedures and related processes to ensure that all information technologies comply with standard processes for a large Hospital Group.
- Analyzes and recommends equipment purchase or lease; coordinates the installation and evaluation of proposed hardware and software to ensure compatibility with existing systems;
- and technical personnel on the use and maintenance of automated systems and equipment.
- Works with Business units Managers and departmental heads to discover, design and implement information technology process improvements, streamlining units and departmental functionalities.
- Selects, trains and supervises subordinate staff; plans, directs, coordinates and reviews staff work plans; assigns work activities, projects and programs; reviews and evaluates work products, methods, procedures and performance; meets with staff to identify and resolve problems; initiates and implements disciplinary procedures as necessary.
- Oversees and participates in the development of information technology budget, including capital expenses pertaining to technology projects; develops forecasts for funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials and supplies; monitors expenditures and implements budget adjustments; analyzes major technology purchases to determine their effect on the existing environment and their compatibility with strategic directions; reviews contracts for capital equipment and information technology services to help ensure consistency with business strategy.
Application Closing Date
- Eight (8) years of increasingly responsible professional analytical experience
- Two years in a supervisory or operational management capacity.
- Possession of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in computer science, information systems, mathematics, business administration, or a related field.
- Experience in LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP/Python/Perl) and/or server-side Java programming with Web 1.0 MVC frameworks and experience in JEE technologies like Servlets, JSPs, EJBs, Web Services, JMS, JAXB
- Strong database administration and management skills particularly MS SQL and versatility in database security.
- Deep knowledge of Local and Internetworking (LAN, WAN) and Information Security.
30th May, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: [email protected]