Greensprings School, is an independent, non-partisan, day and boarding school for boys and girls from 18months - 18years. We encourage students to be lifelong learners by instilling in them great confidence, respect and a consciousness of the needs of society.
Greensprings School began in 1985 in the heart of Anthony Village, Lagos. Today, we have established another state of the art campus on the Lekki Peninsula in Lagos. The Greensprings Community places great value on character and moral education as well on academics achievements. Our unique education ensures that boys and girls learn in the words of our school song.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Career Counsellor
- Help students set realistic academic and career goals and develop a plan to achieve them. Evaluate students' abilities and interests through aptitude assessments, interviews, and individual planning.
- Collaborate with teachers, administrators, and parents to help students succeed.
- The Career Counsellor collaborates directly with students, parents, and College/Universities Admissions Representatives.
Job duties includes but not limited to:
- The Career Counsellor guides and monitors student progress to and through graduation, assists students and families in consideration of the extensive range of school/college options and prepare/positions students for the processes and procedures that will make them successful applicants.
- The College/Career Counsellor tracks students through their subjects combinations, assisting them as appropriate, and uses the information generated to adjust programs and services for current students.
- They collect information about schools and programs for clients interested in pursuing post-secondary education
- Career counselors help people develop career plans, and educate student about the labor market.
- Use assessments, to help students evaluate their interests, skills, and abilities
- Guide Students through making decisions about their careers, such as choosing the type of degree to pursue
- Assist students in locating and applying for schools / internship programs as appropriate , by helping and teaching them strategies to find openings and how to write a résumé, cover letter, motivation letter and other writings for school/internship application.
- Help student select and apply for additional educational programs to obtain the necessary skill set / credentials preparing them for higher institution and the labour market
- Any other duty related to the role as required by the school
Application Closing Date
- B.Ed in Counselling or any related field
- Master's Degree preferred but not required
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years' experience in similar role
- Excellent Communication skills and work ethics
- Ability to be confidential and mentor as appropriate
- Excellent IT skills.
8th June, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's to: [email protected]