Hobark International Limited (HIL) is the parent company of the Hobark group operating in the oil and gas industry. The company was incorporated in 1998, starting as a staffing agency based in Port Harcourt. Currently we have offices in 4 countries with our head office in Lagos.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Geophysics & QI Lead
Req Id: Req-1350
- Review relevant geophysical data from successful acquisitions prior to transfer to data storage. Maintain an accurate inventory of all geophysical data across the various assets. Ensure availability of seismic data to support accurate development and exploration studies.
- Identify the need for new seismic data acquisition or reprocessing of existing data across the various Asset Teams. Design (in conjunction with potential vendors) appropriate acquisition/processing programs and supervise the timely execution to ensure value to operations.
- Generate appropriate seismic inversion volumes to aid accurate characterization of reservoir architecture in the subsurface to aid optimum well placement of planned development wells.
- Participate in Field Development (FDP) or Integrated Petroleum Engineering Studies (IPES). Provide seismic inversion and other QI deliverables as input to 3D reservoir static models to be used for accurate estimation of hydrocarbon reserves, subsequent reservoir development plans and optimum well placement.
- Identify by‐passed opportunities in mature fields using seismic attributes as pass on to Asset teams. Propose 4D seismic where necessary including technical justification and benefits to the business.
- Identify, mature and propose economically attractive exploration prospects/development opportunities for drilling under the assigned asset area using AVO data. Identify risks associated with planned exploration and development programs and provide advice on possible mitigation plans including studies such as pore‐pressure prediction, fault seal analysis or other studies that rely on the use of seismic data to reduce, potential drilling hazards.
- Provide appropriate and frequent technical guidance, leadership and mentoring to colleagues and peers to both, assist in workflows and to deliver results of a consistently high technical quality. Actively participate in Peer Assists and Peer Reviews as required across all of the company's subsurface activities.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance on subsurface requirements in support of development projects within the Asset Teams as required.
- Minimum qualification of BSc in Geophysics with at least 9 years work experience in an active operating E&P company. MSc & PhD will be added advantage.
Application Closing Date
- Geology, Geophysist, Oil & Gas, Operations
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online