is recruiting for Equipment Control Specialist.
Job Title: Equipment Control Specialist (Temporary) - APM Terminals, Apapa, Lagos, Nigeria
- Interact and communicate with operators to ensure that productivity requirements are handled in a professional and efficient manner. Monitoring progress of operations and adjusting the utilization of equipment to maximize productivity. Interact with maintenance staff to ensure equipment is being maintained adequately and communicated accordingly to ops on availability.
- Create a medium to measure operator efficiency, equipment utilization, and incident reporting. Forecast equipment efficiency to show improvement timelines and adjust as necessary.
- Communicate operations goals and ensure understanding by all stakeholders.
- Maintain service records in line with maintenance to ensure equipment utilization is at a premium.
- Make sure that communication between the operations department and maintenance department regarding equipment is timely, effective, and accurate.
- Achieve the lowest response time regarding the relay of information between the operations and maintenance departments.
- Provide statistical proof of increased utilization of equipment, reduction of non-reported accidents, and increased efficiency of operators.
- A good University Degree. Post graduate degree is an advantage
- Experience in Equipment Control will be an added advantage
- 2-3 years experience in Operational or Engineering roles generally
- Must be able to provide clear directions and follows up on set goals. Demands high standards of performance and commands attention among peers and subordinates.
- Should be able to generate high volumes of relevant work; able to sustain high levels of activity and energy over long hours when necessary. Works with business like approach to daily challenges. Makes a difference every day at work.
- Should be able to continually refine and improve the way work is done, works well without close supervision and performs well under pressure. Thinks creatively and finds innovative ways to produce results
- Must be able to demonstrate cost consciousness in all areas of work; considers cost as a factor in all decisions and strives to improve cost position.
- Should be a high level communicator with good oral and written communication. Able to communicate through various mediums. Fluent in English.
- Creates and communicates new insight and ideas. Thinks out of the box.
- Should anticipate problems and has a proactive approach to work. Creates contingency plans and alternative solutions. Measures results and takes corrective action when needed. Practices benchmarking to set standards within constraints of the budget.
- A truly international working environment in a modern working location
- Value and team-based leadership
- An open and engaging working environment
- A wide range of international career opportunities
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth in a dynamic environment
- Competitive compensation packages
2nd November, 2010
Click here to apply online