The Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC Plc) one of the 11 privatized Electricity Distribution companies in Nigeria that operates in the following states; Kogi, Niger, Nasarawa and Abuja, is presently recruiting for the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Manager, Financial Audit
Roles & Responsibilities
- This position ensures successful completion of assigned audit engagements, from start to finish, inclusive of preplanning and wrap up activities.
- Depending on assigned engagement, reports to one or more member(s) of the Internal Audit senior management team.
- Applies risk and control concepts to scenarios encountered and identifies any potential issues.
- Communicates identified issues with Internal Audit senior management to ensure any potential concerns are addressed in a timely and effective manner.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Assessing risks and internal controls by identifying areas of non-compliance; evaluating manual and automated financial processes; identifying process weaknesses and inefficiencies and operational issues.
- Verifies assets and liabilities by comparing and analyzing items and collateral to documentation.
- Complete audit work papers and memoranda by documenting audit tests and findings.
- Provides financial control information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Conducts assigned audit engagements successfully from beginning to end.
- Identifies and communicates issues raised, offering recommended solutions relevant to business and risk.
- Ensure audit conclusions are based on a complete understanding of the process, circumstances, and risk.
- Develops audit programs and testing procedures relevant to risk and test objectives.
- Ensures adherence at all times to all applicable department and professional standards.
- Obtains and reviews evidence ensuring audit conclusions are well documented.
- Organizes personal efforts to be risk-based, productive, and efficient at all times.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Application Closing Date
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and Finance with minimum of second class upper division, or Higher National diploma in Accounting with minimum of Upper Credit.
- A minimum of at least 3 years post qualification experience preferably in a reputable audit firm
- A recognized professional qualification (ACCA, ACA, and ANAN)
- A good working knowledge of IFRS with certification.
- Good knowledge of audit procedures, including techniques, test and sampling methods involved in conducting financial audits.
- Ability to observe and understand business processes and ensuring processes are documented completely and accurately.
- Ability to apply audit standards through practical application.
- Possess an appropriate combination of technical expertise in fields such as auditing, finance, technology, operations, or investigations.
- Ability to give and follow instructions accurately and efficiently in asking clarifying questions to ensure work is directed wholly towards desired outcome
- Solid understanding and ability to apply risk and control concepts.
- Ability to identify underlying cause of an issue raised.
- Good communication and report writing skills.
- A good knowledge of computer applications
- A good analytical skills.
- Executes effective and thorough application of all internal audit standards within assigned responsibility
26th June, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae and a Cover Letter to: [email protected]
The subject of your mail should be: Assistant Manager, Financial Audit. Failure to follow the instructions will lead to disqualification of your application.
The cover letter should be addressed to:
Abuja Electricity Distribution Company Plc,
1 Ziquinchor Street, Off IBB Way,
Wuse Zone 4,
Attention: The Director, Corporate Services.
Only soft copy of applications will be treated.