Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development (ACTED) - Since 1993, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED, headquartered in Paris, France, is present in four continents and our teams intervene in 34 countries towards 8 million people, responding to emergency situations, supporting rehabilitation projects and accompanying the dynamics of development. Over 5,000 staff are dedicated to implementing and developing our projects.
In response to the emergency situation in Nigeria, ACTED recruits to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Development Officer
Duration 6 months
Starting date: ASAP
- Context Analysis
- External relations
- Fundraising and proposal development
- Contribute to addressing in a timely manner all comments by donors on proposals in liaison with relevant staff in country and ACTED HQ GMU and finance;
- Read thoroughly all contracts before signature, seeking ACTED HQ GMU and finance advice when required.
Grant Management - Contract follow-up:
- Ensure that contractual obligations (including visibility requirements) and reporting deadlines are known and met by Programme, AMEU and FLATS team;
- When any issue is identified in meeting deliverables in the given timeframe and budget, inform relevant staff in country and seek ACTED HQ Program Department advice on potential solutions that would meet donor rules.
- Participate in and take minutes of kick-off and close out meetings for each project
- Write quality narrative reports, reflecting the progress and status of projects in a transparent, timely and professional manner, in liaison with ACTED HQ GMU and finance, which will contribute ultimately to steady cash inflow;
- Work in close relation with AMEU to incorporate AME data (incl. data on input, process, output, outcome and impact indicators, lessons learnt and best practices) in reports and review M&E reports from AMEU;
- Liaise with FLATS teams when preparing reports, especially with finance to ensure greater coherence between financial and narrative reports by crosschecking the matching of data in the narrative and financial reports;
- Contribute to the monthly update of the Reporting Follow Up (RFU) and ensure smooth and regular communication with ACTED HQ GMU.
- Ensure ad hoc requests from donors are addressed in liaison with the CD, programme and support teams;
Management and Internal Coordination
- Liaise with partners when required to develop relevant grant agreements in close coordination with ACTED HQ GMU and finance;
- Ensure partners report to ACTED in a timely and qualitative manner as per the requirements of the grant agreement.
Staff Management (if any):
- Manage a Project Development Intern and/or Assistant(s) if any, following up the work plans and day-to-day activities;
- Mentor the PDI and/ or PDA with the aim of strengthening their technical capacity.
Internal Coordination and Communication:
- Facilitate interdepartmental communication and information sharing from the Base, to the Area, Capital, and even up to the regional and HQ offices by taking minutes of the various ACTED coordination meetings
- Ensure these meeting minutes are sent monthly to HQ;
- Keep ACTED HQ GMU and finance updated on latest developments, opportunities and challenges so that GMU can best advice on the way forward.
- File properly contractual project documents both in hard and soft copies;
- Update regularly the Resource Centre at the office with appropriate and relevant external and internal resources.
- Contribute to ACTED external communication strategy by feeding regularly ACTED HQ Communication Department with informal updates on projects, a flash news, pictures, articles on projects progress and/or specific events for ACTED communication tools, including, but not limited to, ACTED Newsletter, websites and ACTED Annual Report;
- Ensure the update and design of in country communication and visibility tools and publications, their dissemination and availability to ACTED teams, as well as the capitalization of media and pictures of the mission;
Required qualifications and technical competencies:
- Postgraduate Diploma in International Development and (or) relevant Master's level Degree (anthropology, development studies, humanitarian aid, sociology)
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Strong writing abilities and analytical skills
- Skills in political sciences or international relations
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure
- Previous experience in the humanitarian field, proposals development, and donor relations are required
- Previous experience abroad is required
Application Closing Date
- Salary defined by the ACTED salary grid; educational level, expertise, hardship, security, and performance are considered for pay bonus
- Additional monthly living allowance
- Free food and lodging provided at the organisation’s guesthouse/or housing allowance (depending on contract length and country of assignment)
- Transportation costs covered, including additional return ticket + luggage allowance
- Provision of medical, life, and repatriation insurance
12th July, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application including cover letter, CV and references to: email@example.com
under Ref: PDO/NIA