Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development (ACTED) - Since 1993, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED, headquartered in Paris, France, is present in four continents and our teams intervene in 34 countries towards 8 million people, responding to emergency situations, supporting rehabilitation projects and accompanying the dynamics of development. Over 5,000 staff are dedicated to implementing and developing our projects.
In response to the emergency situation in Nigeria, ACTED recruits to fill the position below:
Job Title: Country Finance Manager
Contract: Fixed term
Duration 12 months
Starting date: ASAP
- Under the authority of the Country Director and Finance Director in HQ, the Country Finance Manager (CFM) will be responsible for ACTED accounting and financial management in-country.
- The CFM ensures that national legislation is adhered to, and that the country specific standards are applied in ensuring efficient use of resources.
Accounting and treasury Management:
Accounting management - supervise the accounting cycle for the mission:
- Ensure timely and accurate data entries in cashbook, bankbook and SAGA following the standard descriptions defined in ACTED’s Global Finance Procedure Manual;
- Verify and coordinate the monthly compilation accounts from each area;
- Supervise cash and bank balance checking process when closing the monthly accounts;
- Communicate accounts on a monthly basis to HQ, respecting SAGA procedures and deadlines in line with the monthly accounting schedule as per ACTED’s Finance Procedures;
- Manage the presentation, circulation, filing of vouchers and archiving of accounting and financial documents in compliance with FLAT and Finance procedures (maintain an up-to-date filing follow-up: A8.01_Red Cell Game); Review on a random basis quality and compliance of documentation from areas when centralizing;
- Supervise the Yearly and Midyear Accounting Closures for both General and Analytical Accountancy aspects (V1 and V2).
Treasury management - ensure a controlled and smooth cash management:
- Ensure justified bank selection process, open/close bank accounts under the authority of the CEO;
- Oversee the management of bank accounts: control, follow and make sure flows are properly lettered (advances, transfers, etc.), check balances and justifications, authorised visas; Report to HQ through the flows reporting tool A1_PRATIC;
- Supervise the management of safes and cash: available amount, balance checks, security instructions;
- Assess monthly cash-flow needs for projects and areas, fill and share the form A4.01_Cash Request on the 15th of each month;
- Manage money transfers, areas cash-supply and amounts in circulation, whilst defining payment procedures (bank transfer, cheque, cash etc.);
- Make sure donors are invoiced on time and report it through the tool A4.04_ATROCE, comply with good practices described in the Money In Acted HOUse Plan (MIAHOU).
Commitment of expenditures, budget control, & Financial Management:
Commitment of expenditure - guaranty budget availability and compliance to ACTED and donor’s procedures before releasing payments:
- Collect visas of authorised staff members, set-up commitment ceiling in local currencies, define methods and timescales for payment;
- Before commitment / payment of any expenditure, check authorization levels, budget availability, budget line on which the expense is to be allocated to, ensuring full compliance with ACTED and donors procedures
- Before commitment / payment of any expenditure, check authorization levels, budget availability, budget line on which the expense is to be allocated to, ensuring full compliance with ACTED and donors procedures:
- In close coordination with the Country Logistics Manager (CLM) or equivalent, negotiate terms of contracts including payment schedule & taxes obligations; ensure that procurement procedures are adhered to; Follow-up commitments and payments through the tool A7.02_Contract Follow-Up (CFU); Ensure financial, compliance & budget control points during Purchase Committee meetings; review coherence between orders, quotations/offers, purchase orders, call for tender documentation, procurement memo, contract, invoices, receipts, works/services completion certificates; Check the receiver’s ability to endorse payment;
- In close coordination with the Admin Team, ensure that staff contracts are in line with ACTED standard salary grid, available budgets and regulations; propose salary grids revisions based on benchmarks, national legislation and budget constraint; review and validate the payroll on the 25th of each month;
- Validate partner’s accounting and documentation accuracy and compliance before payement.
Project budget follow-up, mission’s cost control, internal & external audits - anticipate and mitigate financial risks ensuring operations are run in a compliant and cost-efficient manner:
- Lead Budget Follow-Up (A7.01) and Allocation Tables (A5) consolidation process;
- Analyse/report gaps between planned budgets and actual expenses; comply to the flexibility rule;
- Anticipate financial risks, present budget updates and mitigation plans during FLAT meetings;
- Analyse and report monthly running costs, fleet and communication of each area (A6.01-04)
- Prevent and report any financial and operational loss (A6.01 ACT follow-up);
- Submit to HQ all the annexes of the internal financial follow-up reporting tool (TITANIC) by the 15th of each month;
- Follow-up Exit Forms for international staff and make sure they are sent to HQ once validated;
- Take the lead on external audit preparation in support to the country compliance teams if any; Contribute to opening/closeout meetings, responses to audit reports, recommendations’ implementation plans.
Project financial cycle management:
Develop project budgets and reports - ensure the financial feasibility of projects, respecting ACTED and donors’ rules and deadlines:
- Gather information from the relevant departments to consolidate budgets for project proposals according to project/mission needs and donor constraints; Propose sufficient programme and support budgets including mission’s investment plans in close link with country coordination;
- Review and negotiate terms of grant contracts before signature (payment & financial reporting schedule, use of HQ cash-pooling system, etc.);
- Plan, consolidate, draft & crosscheck with Project Development Department (PDD) financial reports when required (ad’hoc, interim and final), respecting contractual deadlines and rules such as flexibility, eligibility and liquidation period, etc.;
- Follow-up payments from donors and financial project close-out (contract liquidation).
Team leadership & other tasks:
- Update the organization chart and ToRs of the finance and administration departments (if applicable) according to the mission development;
- Oversee the team, plan & conduct finance staff recruitment's, undertake appraisals, follow career management, identify staff with potential and contribute to ACTED internal mobility policy; Ensure training and capacity building for finance team members of ACTED and Partners in order to increase the level of technical ability and skills;
- Actively promote strong & structured articulations with all teams (Logistics & PDD in particular); Represent ACTED with relevant finance & admin networks at country level;
- Improve information flows within the department and with other departments;
- Plan field monitoring missions;
- Perform any other related activities as assigned by immediate supervisor.
- Master's degree minimum in Finance or related area
- 3+ years of solid experience in financial management and monitoring systems, preferably of large development programs, possibly complemented by academic expertise
- Excellent financial and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and drafting skills for effective reporting on programme financial performance
- Ability to manage a financial/monitoring team and demonstrate leadership
- Ability to monitor and evaluate financial and monitoring skills of communities through capacity-building efforts
- Ability to operate in a cross-cultural environment requiring flexibility
- Familiarity with the aid system, and understanding of donor and governmental requirements;
- Prior knowledge of the region an asset
- Fluency in English required - ability to communicate in local languages an asset
- Ability to operate Microsoft Word, Excel and Project Management software
Application Closing Date
- Salary defined by the ACTED salary grid; educational level, expertise, hardship, security, and performance are considered for pay bonus
- Additional monthly living allowance
- Free food and lodging provided at the organisation’s guesthouse
- Transportation costs covered, including additional return ticket + luggage allowance
- Provision of medical, life, and repatriation insurance.
12th July, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications including Cover Letters, CV's and References to: email@example.com
under Ref: CFM/NIA.