Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: FSL Assistant - Agro
Task and responsibilities
- The position is based in Bade, Yobe state and directly supervised by the FSL Officer-Agro.
- The FSL Assistant is responsible for the implementation of agricultural activities within the assigned LGA.
- Facilitate community mobilization, meetings and trainings during community led agriculture activities;
- Work with traditional committees to ensure the identification and selection of the most vulnerable IDPs and host communities and provide information to ensure accountability, fairness and transparency during implementation of activities.
- Work closely with community structures to follow up on implementation of agriculture planned activities with the support from the agriculture officer.
- Support in the implementation of agricultural capacity building training for the target beneficiaries at the LGA level.
- Directly implement in the field the activities defined in the program in close collaboration with the agriculture officer.
- Collect information to ensure that the surveillance of the agriculture situation in the area of implementation of the program is achieving the expected result, when required.
- Collect the required information in the field to facilitate the capacity building and training program, with the support of the agriculture Officer.
- Implement sensitisation activities for targeted communities about agricultural activities and strengthening livelihood restoration activities with support from SEMA, Extension workers, Community Volunteers, traditional leaders and other key stakeholders in feasible livelihood restoration activities at LGA level.
- Support in the verification of the beneficiaries to ensure the identification and selection of the most vulnerable population is verified before agricultural assistance is made.
Application Closing Date
- At least a Diploma in FSL related studies e.g. agro-economy, natural resource management, anthropology, disaster risk management etc.
- Minimum of one year relevant work experience in INGO.
- Have previous experience in the Cash, IGA, FSL and extension approach.
- Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word).
- Capacity to be adaptable and flexible.
- Fluency in Hausa and English.
- Commitment to ACTION AGAINST HUNGER mission, values and policy
21st June, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online