Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited, (formerly Moody International Nigeria Limited) was established in 1996 as a partnership between Moody International Group and Nigerian investors. Since commencing operations in March 1997 the company continues to grow and exerts its presence in numerous Projects in the Nigeria Oil and Gas Industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Corrosion Engineer
Port Harcourt, Rivers
Job Type: Contracts
Job Nature: Resident
- Manage planning and execution of Corrosion Inspection activities for all JV Field Operation in Offshore and Onshore locations.
- Define/review the Corrosion Management document which describes the organization, responsibilities and accountabilities, tasks, programs, procedures and guidelines.
- Prepare/ implement preventive actions for corrosion mitigation i.e. engineering, physical and chemical treatments, cathodic protection, metallic or non-metallic material selection, painting & coating and process modification.
- Perform corrosion studies with the aim of ascertaining or improving the integrity of production facilities.
- Investigate and analyze facility malfunctions vis-à-vis integrity requirements from the stand point of corrosion evolutions and in liaison with the Inspection Engineers, propose solutions to reduce corrosion velocity and prevent repetitions of the problem, and report same to the Inspection Manager.
- Work in liaison with Operation team and/or accredited third party as may be directed by the Inspection Manager to plan, schedule, and execute corrosion surveys/studies, and recommend necessary remedial actions.
- Contribute in defining external resources requirement for the Corrosion Department.
- Feed and update Company databases requiring corrosion expertise input like Fame +.
- Liaise with construction teams to review and recommend corrosion mitigating measures in the early phases of engineering and during the project execution phase.
- Define the scope of work, budget, and planning for corrosion monitoring, cathodic protection, painting and prevention campaigns.
- Prepare corrosion methods, management systems, tools, planning, contracts and cost control of corrosion activities.
- Prepare / implement corrosion monitoring activities, i.e. follow up chemical injection rates, cathodic protection, coupons and corrosion probes, ER probes, chemical analysis, bacterial counts.
- Review corrosion monitoring and inspection results regularly and assess together in view of providing a global evaluation of integrity. In this case, study laboratory and treatment reports in relation to asset inspection and integrity management.
- Propose new chemical treatments or adjustments in the existing ones.
- Prepare and follow cathodic protection monitoring and surveys: scope of work, call for tender, execution follow up, interpretation of results.
- Investigate and analyze cathodic protection results, report any anomalies and propose solutions to prevent repetitions of the problem, and report it to the Inspection Manager.
- Prepare and follow cathodic protection corrective actions when required: scope of work, budget; call for tender and execution follow up.
- Design new cathodic protection systems or oversee designs by others where needed.
- Define periodic coating surveys on all structures/equipment.
- Define recoating strategies, select or write coating application specifications; ensure compliance with CPY standards or seek derogations as required.
- Ensure adequate expertise is available for QC control during execution of coating works.
- Generate clear and concise reports for planned and ad-hoc inspections, highlighting abnormalities.
- Assimilate reports into corrosion master data, updating test results, generating corrective work orders and other data as required.
- Ensure that all activities are carried out in strict compliance with the safety regulations and the procedures contained therein
Application Closing Date
- B.Sc in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, Material & Metallurgy Engineering).
- Higher qualification in Corrosion Engineering (MSc or NACE Snr Corrosion Technologist).
- 15 years experience in corrosion engineer’s functions, preferably in the oil and petrochemical industry, at least 3 of which must be in a general asset inspection management position.
- Excellent communication and negotiation.
- Computer literacy.
- Cathodic Protection and or Coating Inspectors Certification by a recognized body (i.e. B Gas / NACE) would be an advantage
31st July, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online