Hamilton Lloyd and Associates - Our client, a Quick Service Outlet chain with over 25 years of experience in providing rich pastries, Nigerian and continental dishes for the family. Due to internal expansion; they are looking to hire an experienced candidates to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Outdoor Catering Manager
- The Outdoor Catering Manager provides refreshments including food and beverages to third-party locations such as hotels, events (indoor and outdoor), conferences, and business offices.
- The most important part of the job is achieving good quality within a budget and maintaining high standards of hygiene and customer satisfaction.
- The goal will be to ensure the profitability of our Outdoor catering activities to drive sustainable development and long-term success.
- Prepares food either by heating it up or cooking it to order using portable cooking appliances (grills, fryers, hot plates, etc.)
- Furnishes the food service area with tables and chairs
- Lays out tablecloths, dishes, and cutlery
- Decorates the food service area (putting flower vases on tables, sprinkling glitter on tablecloths, etc.)
- Shows diners to their seats (if there is a seating arrangement)
- Serves diners food
- Answers questions about the food
- Knows the ingredients in the food and whether each dish is vegetarian, can trigger allergic reactions, or satisfies other dietary restrictions
- Knows enough about the event to direct diners to the restroom and points of interest
- Loads a truck with food, cooking appliances, and decor
- Drives a truck to and from various job sites
- Works during the breakfast, lunch, and dinner hours
- Makes sure food supplies are kept stocked
- Cleans up food spills and keeps the service area presentable
- Keeps a record of broken or missing equipment, dishes, and cutlery and informs management of required replacements
- Accepts payments for food and drink and counts out change, unless the service is already paid for in full
- Maintains an excellent customer-service based attitude and always tries to provide for the diner
- Education: A degree in catering/culinary management or hospitality management
- Experience: Minimum of five (6) years’ work experience in similar industry.
Application Closing Date
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, databases and information systems
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Decision making skills
- Ability to manage in a diverse environment with a focus on client and customer services
- Good business and commercial acumen
- Strong leadership and motivating skills including the ability to build strong relationships with customers and staff
- The ability to think quickly, work in stressful circumstances and stay calm in a crisis
- Financial, budgeting and stock-taking skills
- Knowledge of food, food hygiene (including hazard analysis and critical control points) and food preparation.
20th July, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's to: [email protected]
kindly make the job title subject of the mail
Only successful candidates will be contacted.