The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Monguno Office is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below:
Job Title: Communication Field Officer 1
: Monguno Office, Borno
- Plans, organizes, implements and ensures administrative management of operational communications sessions on ICRC’s activities, mission and mandate to affected populations, local authorities, and other actors of influence and volunteers of the NCRCS at operational or institutional level.
- Conducts sessions of sensitization in International Humanitarian Law (IHL) to different actors in the zone including using public communication to reach more people.
- Provides support to other ICRC departments for operational communication on ongoing activities.
- Develops mapping and maintains a network of key interlocutors in Area of responsibility for ICRC’s Monguno office.
- Contributes to the interaction with the local Nigerian Red Cross Branches (NRCS) on communications issues and provides support in capacity-building to their relevant staff.
- Conducts analysis of the ICRC/Red Cross perception in the area of responsibility of Monguno Office and propose actions in response to identifies miss perception.
- Contributes actively to the development of the strategy and planning of activities, under the guidance of Communications Delegate based in Maiduguri.
- Collects photos, and other relevant information on ICRC activities in the Area of responsibility as a contribution to the public communication of the Delegation.
- Accompanies the Head of Office and other ICRC visitors during field visits and insure interpretation during exchange with local interlocutors when required.
- University degree in relevant field (Communications, Marketing, Social Studies, Journalism)
- A minimum of three years working experience in a similar field.
- Very good command of written and spoken English, Kanuri and Hausa - knowledge of Arab Shoua will be a strong advantage.
- Good computer skills
- Good knowledge of geographical area covered by Monguno office (Monguno and Kukawa local government areas)
- Knowledge of IHL would be an advantage.
Application Closing Date
- Very good analytical skills
- Very good presentation skills
- Capacity to summarize information
- Capacity to treat information confidentially
20th July, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae and contact details of three referees to: [email protected]
Clearly indicate “Communication Field Officer 1 Monguno" as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
- NYSC status
- Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- ICRC does not request any payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
- The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.