Hamilton Lloyd and Associates - Our client, is Nigeria’s largest provider of outsourced power, with services comprising both long term Independent Power Production (IPP) and short term Emergency Power Production (EPP). Their customers include some of the largest companies in Nigeria and have provided services to companies from multiple locations in Nigeria. Their business projections also include operations in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Due to internal expansion, they have decided to hire a suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Warehouse and Logistics Manager
- The Warehouse and Logistics Manager is responsible for the direct management and handling of all warehousing and distribution functions at the company’s warehouse facilities in various locations around Nigeria
- This includes accountability for inbound and outbound freight, as well as adherence to legislative, safety, and organizational policies and procedures.
- The Warehouse and Logistics Manager will also provide effective logistics management through leadership and decision-making skills.
- Manage the receiving, shipping, handling, distribution, and storage of all freight, product and supplies that come in and out of the warehouses.
- Maintain standard receiving, warehousing and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating and enforcing personnel and operational policies and procedures.
- Communicate all delays or variances in inbound/outbound freight to the appropriate parties.
- Assess the need for, and recommend the purchase of moving equipment like trailers, forklifts e.t.c.
- Maintain appropriate and complete documentation of all products/goods in the CKD and finished goods warehouse.
- Responsible for managing third party logistics providers.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements and advising management on needed actions.
- Ensure all production orders are shipped to customers in a timely manner in adherence to delivery schedules.
- Maintain strict control over inventory levels in order to meet internal and external demand of product.
- Conduct periodic spot-checks of inventory levels of supplies/products, identify discrepancies if any and take necessary action.
- Plan warehouse layout and space requirements in order to prevent loss/theft or damage, and to achieve full warehouse optimization.
- Use IT systems to manage stock levels, delivery times and transport costs;
- Use associated information systems to coordinate and control the order cycle;
- Use data from IT systems to evaluate performance and quality and to plan improvements;
- Allocate and manage staff resources according to changing needs;
- Liaise and negotiate with customers and suppliers; develop business by gaining new contracts, analysing logistical problems and producing new solutions;
- Continually try to improve and develop business performance within the constraints of legislation, fuel costs and rising environmental pressures
- Minimum of a B.Sc. or equivalent in Business Administration or any other relevant discipline. Logistics/Warehouse/Supply Chain certifications will be an advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing, warehousing, supply chain management environment/role out of which 2 years must have been at managerial level.
Key Skills & Competencies Requirements:
- Strong business acumen and excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Advanced Microsoft excel and office skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Critical thinking and decision making skills.
- Understanding of ERP systems and its integration with respect to supply/demand functions.
- Excellent planning and resource allocation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Key Performance Areas
- Results oriented
- Creativity & Innovation
- Cultural awareness
Application Closing Date
- % decrease in logistics/shipping cost (quarterly/annually).
- Optimal storage cost per item and inventory storage per square foot.
- Utilization efficiency levels of space, labour and equipments.
- Fulfillment – timely order fulfillment, percentage of order fulfillment vs non-fulfillment, accuracy of order fulfillment.
20th July, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: [email protected]
Kindly make the job title the subject of the mail.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.