Hamilton Lloyd and Associates - Our client is an international standard leading hospitality centre in Abuja. Due to internal expansion in their office, they have decided to hire a
Job Title: General Manager and Executive Chef
Report To: Chairman
- The General Manager is the head Executive who will lead the Executive Committee in directing the activities and productivity of the Company and be ultimately responsible for the strategic planning of the overall operation and the financial profitability of the Company.
- The General Manager will be responsible for the launch and thereafter on-going operation of the Company with a cross-section of responsibilities across sales, operations, product (food and beverage), and marketing. Streamlined and efficient operations need to be established and maintained while offering a world class culinary product and service to ensure the profitability of the Company across the various profit centres.
- While maintaining a strategic overview and planning ahead to maximise profits, the General Manager has a dual role in also heading up the Food and Beverage Department of the Company as the dually appointed Executive Chef. It is of paramount importance that the General Manager / Executive Chef remains operational and hands-on in respect of the Food and Beverage operations at all times, ensuring that all products and services are maintained at the highest level of efficiency and excellence to meet the needs and expectations of the guests.
- The General Manager / Executive Chef needs to be passionate about guest services, food and quality thereof, leadership of staff and providing a positive and professional work environment.
- The General Manager will be ultimately responsible for the overall success of the Company
- Develop and execute the Company’s business plans and strategies.
- Provide ongoing strategic feedback to the Board and Chairperson on the overall Company’s performance.
- Lead the Management Committee and operational staff and ensure the ongoing appointment, development and retention of distinctive human capital.
- Lead and manage all Food & Beverage operations.
- Act as the Brand Ambassador of the company in ways that strengthen its profile
- Manage the budget revenues and sales activities to maximise profitability targets.
- Manage guest and client relations and maximise satisfaction.
- Ensure quality management of all products and services offered.
- Ensure full compliance to the Company’s operating controls, standard operating procedures, policies and service standards.
- Lead all property management related issues, including on-going property maintenance and refurbishments.
- Responsible for Legal compliance of the operation.
Develop and execute the Company’s business plans and strategies:
- Develop and execute the Company’s business plans and strategies in order to attain the goals and objectives as required by the Board and Chairman of the Company.
- Prepare and implement comprehensive business plans and strategies to facilitate achievement by planning cost-effective operations and market development activitiesManage Budget preparation processes
Provide ongoing strategic feedback to the Board and Chairperson on the overall Company’s performance:
- Provide ongoing strategic feedback to the Board and Chairperson on the overall Company’s performance to establish an accurate view of the market and the Company’s future.
- Communicate and maintain a relationship of trust with the Board and Chairman.
Lead the Management Committee and operational staff and ensure the ongoing appointment, development and retention of distinctive human capital:
- Lead, manage and develop the Management Committee providing guidance and motivation to drive maximum performance ensuring their career progression and development.
- Provide leadership and supervision in working closely with all Heads of Departments in the execution of their duties on a daily basis to maximise their and the team’s performance.
- Act as a final decision-maker in the appointment of all staff ensuring that ongoing efforts are made to attract, recruit, train and retain talented personnel.
- Closely manage the management committee to reward performance, prevent issues and resolve problems.
Lead and manage all Food and Beverage operations:
- Lead and manage all Food & Beverage teams and operations across the various outlets, handling all day-to-day operations within budget and to the highest standards ensuring cost efficiency and profitability.
- Design appropriate menus per outlet catering to the needs of the market in a cost efficient manner.
Act as the Brand Ambassador of the company in ways that strengthen its profile:
- Ensure all decisions are made in the best interest of Management and the Company.
- Closely monitor the Company’s business reviews and take decisions accordingly.
- Ensure high levels of internal and external customer service and satisfaction.
Manage the budget revenues and sales activities to maximise profitability targets:
- Preparation, presentation and subsequent achievement of the Company’s operating and capital budgets.
- Preparation, presentation and subsequent achievement of the Company’s marketing and sales plan.
- Development of on-going cost saving initiatives.
- Maximizing outlet revenue generation through
Manage guest and client relations and maximise satisfaction:
- Manage guest and client relations demonstrating commitment to maximum guest and client satisfaction, prioritizing actions that accomplish service excellence while anticipating and meeting those needs.
- Take ownership of all guest complaints.
Ensure Quality Management of all products and services offered:
- Ensure identified product and service standards are met by consistently delivering high quality products and services that meets or exceeds the expectations of guests and clients alike.
- Handle complaints, and oversee the service recovery procedures.
- Lead all property management and related issues, including on-going property maintenance and refurbishments.
Responsible for Legal compliance of the operation:
- Responsible for legal compliance of the entire operation including but not limited to health and safety, cleaning and hygiene and fire requirements and regulations.
- Education: Culinary qualification or Hospitality Management degree from a good institution
- Experience: 10 years’ relevant work experience in a senior management capacity in Food and Beverage / Hospitality Industry.
- Broad overall operational and leadership knowledge in multiple outlet operations in the hospitality sector.
- Knowledge of all statutory requirements and relevant legislation pertaining to the Hospitality / Food and Beverage Industry.
- Culinary expert with specialist knowledge and skills in Food and Beverage Management.
- Leadership abilities.
- Culinary expert
- Technically astute in Food and Beverage
- Solid leadership abilities
- Effective communicator
- Hands-on operator
- Commercially astute
- Stakeholder management
- People management and empowerment
- Advanced interpersonal and diplomacy skills
- Client centric by nature
- Good project and time management skills
- Knowledge of business and management principles
- Information and knowledge management
- Problem solving and change management
- Policy analysis and development
- Service delivery innovation
- Planning and coordination
- Presentation and facilitation
- Ability to work collaboratively
- A ‘hands-on’ management style
- A penchant for being proactive
- Highly attentive to detail
- Able to deal with conflict
- Global outlook
Application Closing Date
- Charismatic Brand Ambassador
- Positive and motivating demeanor
- Self-driven and motivated to succeed
- Notable confidence to challenge the status quo if needed
- Thrive in a multi-cultural environment
- Team player
- Firm but fair
- Honest and ethical
- Strong work ethic
- Client focus intuition
- Able to work well under pressure
- Able to meet deadlines
23rd July, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV's to: [email protected]