The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is a regional group of fifteen West African countries. Founded on 28 May 1975, with the signing of the Treaty of Lagos, its mission is to promote economic integration across the region.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant (Comprehensive Assessment of the ECOWAS Headquarter Building for Renovation)
- The ECOWAS Commission Headquarters building is a five (5) storey building with four (4) storey Conference wing, a Main Conference Hall, Five (5) Committee Rooms and two (2) VIP Rooms. There are fifty-five (55) toilets Rooms and seventy-seven (77) toilets. The building was constructed from 1985 to 1991 and was put into use from 1991 till date.
- It is in this perspective that the ECOWAS Commission is desirous to undertake a comprehensive assessment of the ECOWAS Headquarters Building at Asokoro, Abuja, Nigeria, for a complete renovation within a maximum of eight (8) weeks. The proposed renovation of the building is intended to provide maximum comfort, security and safety for its staff.
- The objective of the assessment is to prepare the architectural, civil engineering and electromechanical design including drawings, specifications, takeoff sheets and priced and unpriced bill of quantities (BOQ) for the Renovation of ECO WAS Headquarter Building.
- Undertake a non-destructive integrity assessment of the building;
- Identify the works that is needed to be carried out to improve the functionality of the Building;
- Prepare the take-off sheets of all works identified to be carried out;
- Identify areas in the building and surrounding that re-design or remodelling are needed in order to improve its functionality;
- Provide the estimated confidential cost (Priced and unpriced BOQ) of the works identified; and
- Provide architectural, civil, electrical, mechanical and external civil works of areas to be renovated.
For the realization of the mission, the firm shall:
Application Closing Date
- Have an overall experience of at least ten (10)years’ experience in Building Construction assessment, providing architectural design and supervision;
- Have carried out successfully at least three (3) similar assignments (construction I Renovation) for an international organisation or a renowned public body during the last 10 years;
- Have working experience in at least 2 ECOWAS Countries in the past ten (10) years;
- Have the capacity to produce and provide the reports in English and French.
11am (GMT +1); 6th September, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send and address their Expressions of Interest to the address below clearly marked: “Recruitment of a Consulting Firm to Undertake a Comprehensive Assessment of the ECOWAS Headquarter Building for Renovation”, Do not open except in the presence of the Tender Committee:
The Commissioner General Administration & Conference,
No. 101 Yakubu Gowon Crescent,
This request for EoI can also be viewed on the following website: http://www.ecowas.int/doing-business-inecowas/ecowas-procurement/
- Electronic submissions are not accepted and will therefore not be considered
- The selection procedure will be based on Quality and Cost Based Selection method (QCBS) in accordance with the ECO WAS Tender Code. ECO WAS Commission is under no obligation to shortlist any Consultant who expresses interest.
- A shortlist of six (6) firms which present the best profiles shall be drawn up after the expression of interest.
- The firms that are part of an international network are to submit one expression of interest.
- The ECOWAS Commission now invites eligible Consultants (Firm) to indicate their interest in providing these services. Interested consultancy firms must provide information showing that they are qualified to perform the services:
- List of relevant key experts for the mission;
- The firm shall have on its team, experts with a combined knowledge of English and French;
- Evidence of verifiable technical references similar to this assignment (List of previous clients with contact details; brief description of the assignment; year; and the cost of the assignment);
- The office Address (Physical Address; Telephone; E-mail Address).
- The attention of interested Consultants (Firm) is drawn to Article 87 of the ECOWAS Tender Code (“Infringements by Candidates, Bidders and Awardees”), setting forth corrupt or fraudulent practices in competing for or executing a contract. In addition, please refer to the following specific information on conflict of interest related to this assignment as per Article 17. (h) of the ECO WAS Tender Code.
- Interested Consultants may wish to apply as a consortium to enhance their profile and chance of being qualified.
- Interested Consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours: Monday to Friday from 9.00 am (GMT+1), to 5.00 pm (GMT+1), Nigerian Time. Procurement Division, Directorate of General Administration, ECOWAS Commission,Plot 101, Yakubu Gowon Crescent, Asokoro District, P. M. B. 401 Abuja Nigeria or by E-mail to the following addresses: [email protected] with copy to: [email protected] / [email protected] / [email protected]