Quest Oil and Engineering Services Limited - We are on a Quest to build a thriving business in the Oil and Engineering Industry.
Quest Oil and Engineering Services Limited is a value-driven company offering full-service in oil and gas, as well as engineering service. We offer engineering, design, procurement, steel and fabrication services as well as provide customized integrated services specific to clients, to include cost-effective delivery.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Boiler Operator/Specialist
- Steam boiler operators urgently needed by reputable company Candidate must be versatile in the operations, repairs and maintenance of boilers fired by Diesel / gas and composite.
- Boiler operators must perform routine maintenance on the equipment and systems in a facility as part of their job. They will use hand or power tools when performing tasks like replacing defective valves, filters, or steam gauges on a heating system.
- Corrosive deposits can damage a boiler system, so operators test the boiler water and balance it with chemicals, if needed. Keeping safety at the forefront, boiler operators will watch the system during operation and attend to any additional problems. Once all is in working order, they will record their service data in logs.
- On the job, they can be exposed to extreme temperatures, electric shock, and loud noises. Due to the potentially hazardous conditions, they follow strict safety procedures during their work.
- OND and Specialist Certifications in Boilers and related equipments and a minimum Nine years (9) of expertise. Professional Certifications in related field is an advantage.
- Extensive working knowledge of gas‐fired boilers, electronic controls, pumps, valves, and related equipments.
- Thorough knowledge of common practices and procedures of tools, terminology, hazards and safety precautions associated with the trade.
- Must be skilled in the use of testing and diagnostic equipment used to perform troubleshooting and tools used to repair equipment; skilled in monitoring gauges, dials, controls or other indicators to ensure the proper operation of equipment
- Must be capable of performing routine maintenance on equipment; skilled in documentation and data recording and must have demonstrated leadership and organizational skills.
- Must be able to communicate scope and requirement of work place demand to others; follow and provide oral and written instructions; effectively communicate using verbal and written skills; establish and maintain effective working relationships with others; and work with limited supervision.
- Must be thorough in the performance of work, dependable and professional at all times.
- Must be willing to relocate
Application Closing Date
- Must have great interpersonal skills to effectively communicate and interact with other employees
- Must possess highly functional sensory skills as normally defined by the ability to see, read, talk, hear, handle, or feel objects and controls.
- Physical capabilities to effectively use and operate various office equipments and machines as necessary
- Significant Stamina to stand, walk, move, climb, carry, bend, kneel, crawl, handle, push and pull for long hours.
- Must have the ability to work in confined spaces, , crawl in, under, over or through equipment and grasp, manipulate or assemble objects
17th August, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's to: [email protected]